Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Jonbinary

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2023
did anyone else see this pic (sorry if it’s already been posted). kind of crazy….. I don’t use a case and honestly drop my phone quite a bit. my purple 14 pro is scuffed all around the edges but the color underneath doesn’t show. kinda glad I went natural…..

I saw people say how it's probably intentionally scratched since the screen protective film is still on it

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
Yeah, I hope not. My package is in Louisville already but the option still shows as restricted / not allowed by shipper. :(
I just tried again, I'm showing the same restrictions on my end, too. Sucks. My neighbor will be home all day, so I'll redirect the package to his house. Problem solved...

caesarp

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2012
Why is everyone tracking UPS knowing every iPhone will be delivered on Friday lol
Try buying a BMW, with options not available on the dealer lot. You can track your car from the actual assembly line in Munich, Germany (and get a photo of your car on the assembly line), then from Munich to your cargo ship at Bremen,

AF1QipPDQiAHIbPfebzstAG7_BR73xE-MnIpVwgRwYt6=s680-w680-h510

and then follow your car on a giant cargo ship for 3 weeks across the ocean.

Or you can go about your life and wait till your dealer calls and tells you your car just came in.

Similar thing here.

mizzourah

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I was just going to welcome @LeahJoFoxtrot to the ranks of Clear Case #teampansy ! WELCOME 🤗
#teamblue💙
😆
I think I would like to join as well. The peel clear case seems tempting (i.e., I just placed an order for it). One broken phone after going caseless brought me to the case life. But clear is the only way to go for #teamblue.

dsmill

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2013
Try buying a BMW, with options not available on the dealer lot. You can track your car from the actual assembly line in Munich, Germany (and get a photo of your car on the assembly line), then from Munich to your cargo ship at Bremen, and then follow your car on a giant cargo ship for 3 weeks across the ocean.

Or you can go about your life and wait till your dealer calls and tells you your car just came in.

Similar thing here.
That's exactly what I did with my BMW, except it came out of Spartanburg. It's fun to watch where it is along the way. Actually, the car was built it one day.

LLL1424

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2005
Washington, D.C.
An update for those who want to request UPS to hold your package: I called Apple per UPS's suggestion that Apple are the ones who placed restrictions on orders from Apple which started sometime a few weeks/months ago this year.

We should take this as a grain of salt but the Apple representative informed that there was an increase of activity that they could not control and that they indeed placed restrictions due to thefts from internally at UPS with requesting holds at hubs and external folks taking advantage of the UPS Hold my package location.

However, per the Apple Customer Service rep, Apple CS will have the ability to remove restrictions if requested by the customer only when the order status at Apple reflects as "on route" to customer with a tracking no. Only Apple can make this request on behalf of the customer.

Looping the community in as I know many folxs pick-up at UPS hubs. Let's hope this is the case. I'll keep everyone updated.

Yep well they are important to me and how I charge my iphone PM’s and my soon to arrive 15 PM. There are lots of alternatives that as we have probably over discussed suit each of us. I like these wher emy watch and iphone are all in nice compact area/footprint for the small space I have available.

View attachment 2269060
Where is your Apple Polishing Cloth 😫

GeneticBloom

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
California
If they are, I’m going to be so mad. Apple still hasn’t updated the accessory design guidelines, so I can’t see the numbers yet. That’s something I’ve been worried about, but until now, I thought it may be only me since no one else had said anything about it.

This may sound crazy to some, but I will literally return the Pro for the Pro Max if the bezels are noticeably thicker.

They look the same in this photo. I think they look different in some photos because the glass is slightly curved now, the reflections of that curve throw off the perspective of the bezels depending on the lighting.

khBYNuzoBbLHTPtTJJkiJE.jpg

JaisHTX

Contributor
Sep 22, 2004
Texas
An update for those who want to request UPS to hold your package: I called Apple per UPS's suggestion that Apple are the ones who placed restrictions on orders from Apple which started sometime a few weeks/months ago this year.

We should take this as a grain of salt but the Apple representative informed that there was an increase of activity that they could not control and that they indeed placed restrictions due to thefts from internally at UPS with requesting holds at hubs and external folks taking advantage of the UPS Hold my package location.

However, per the Apple Customer Service rep, Apple CS will have the ability to remove restrictions if requested by the customer only when the order status at Apple reflects as "on route" to customer with a tracking no. Only Apple can make this request on behalf of the customer.

Looping the community in as I know many folxs pick-up at UPS hubs. Let's hope this is the case. I'll keep everyone updated.

What is you doin' Apple CS?! You folks are in for a world of hurt ...

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
I just tried again, I'm showing the same restrictions on my end, too. Sucks. My neighbor will be home all day, so I'll redirect the package to his house. Problem solved...
Aren’t the restrictions in place because the package has not had its “import scan” yet? I genuinely don’t know. I always had to wait for the import scan before I could make changes with how the package is picked up.

Kingzope

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2012
Pittsburgh
Except I was expecting to deliver this Friday. Figured ordering 23 minutes in should satisfy launch day delivery. Especially considering the issues the website had getting the order in.
Almost all orders going out are from a few minutes past 8. I doubt at 23 mins we'll get the phones on release. I am hoping to get them in Sept though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.