Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

swarlos

Suspended
Oct 18, 2015
Hey! A fellow Mazda owner! As Iā€™m sure you know, if you did the OEM CarPlay retrofit, it consists of the USB hub and a few extra wires and the software update. Iā€™ve found a few products online that take the USB hub and add wireless CarPlay to it! I installed one of those hubs in my 2017 Mazda 3, it is so nice! Let me know if youā€™re interested in the link! If you already have CarPlay, itā€™s a manner of replacing the hub, which is easy.

Iā€™d be interested in that! Iā€™d love wireless CarPlay in my 3.

richardkor

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2015
I got these clear ones for my natural 15 pro max. And a few screen protectors. Tradition for me to do that on day one. Mom getting 13 pro max. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0601.jpeg
    IMG_0601.jpeg
    129.1 KB · Views: 38

dkinley

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2014
Those are review units. The one she preordered for herself isnā€™t until October. YouTubers donā€™t get to keep review units and theyā€™re under very strict contracts with them - especially with things like damage...
I don't know why she can't buy the review unit. rather than return and rebuy?

Reactions: compwiz1202

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America
View attachment 2269361
Maybe my eyes are just going bad, but the bezels on the Max look smaller than on regular pro. Could just be perspective given size difference.
If they are, Iā€™m going to be so mad. Apple still hasnā€™t updated the accessory design guidelines, so I canā€™t see the numbers yet. Thatā€™s something Iā€™ve been worried about, but until now, I thought it may be only me since no one else had said anything about it.

This may sound crazy to some, but I will literally return the Pro for the Pro Max if the bezels are noticeably thicker.

NotApplicable

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2019
If they are, Iā€™m going to be so mad.
I think itā€™s a combo of things:

The dark color of the pro in the photo vs the light color of the max ā€” the proā€™s metal thatā€™s visible surrounding the screen looks like itā€™s part of the bezel, whereas the maxims doesnā€™t.

(Less impactful) the max bezels will be smaller than the pros in relation to the overall width of the phone, since the size of the bezels is fixed between the 2 whereas the width of the phone is not

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020

The dark color of the pro in the photo vs the light color of the max ā€” the proā€™s metal thatā€™s visible surrounding the screen looks like itā€™s part of the bezel, whereas the maxims doesnā€™t.

(Less impactful) the max bezels will be smaller than the pros in relation to the overall width of the phone, since the size of the bezels is fixed between the 2 whereas the width of the phone is not
Iā€™m going with this šŸ˜‰

alia

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2003
Tampa, FL (Orlando, 2003 - 2023)
In other news, the new AirPods Pro with USB-C case are on sale for $200 at Best Buy already. Just ordered to complete the trifecta for Friday. 15PM, Ultra 2, and now new pods. My UPS guy gonna be really confused lol
I'm thinking of getting the new AirPods just to have USB-C and get rid of all traces of lightning. The pro aren't as comfortable for my ears as the original design though.

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America

This is true. What Iā€™m trying to say is that as long as the bezels on the Pro are equivalent in width to the Pro Max in mm - just like the 14 Pro models (and the previous gens) - Iā€™ll be okay with it, even if they appear slightly thicker.

Reactions: Wolfs

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Does anyone know how horrific the in-store pickup experience is on release day?
Experiences may vary depending on locations. But I have always had a pleasant experience picking up in store on release day MORNINGs. But I am sure the afternoon or evening might get a little busy

Reactions: 5105973 and srbNYC

LeahJoFoxtrot

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2016
I got these clear ones for my natural 15 pro max. And a few screen protectors. Tradition for me to do that on day one. Mom getting 13 pro max. :)
I'm not being critical of you at all but I just couldn't do the circle and line on my clear case. I know my MagSafe connection will probably suffer over it but oh well.

alia

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2003
Tampa, FL (Orlando, 2003 - 2023)
Does anyone know how horrific the in-store pickup experience is on release day?
In Tampa, the quality of the experience is entirely to do with the entitled line-jumpers. If you have a crowd of people willing to speak up and staff willing to direct people to the line, it usually goes smoothly. If not, you'll end up with opportunists getting into the short lines for reservations and bypassing the long line waiting to be divvied up into the shorter lines.

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Hey! A fellow Mazda owner! As Iā€™m sure you know, if you did the OEM CarPlay retrofit, it consists of the USB hub and a few extra wires and the software update. Iā€™ve found a few products online that take the USB hub and add wireless CarPlay to it! I installed one of those hubs in my 2017 Mazda 3, it is so nice! Let me know if youā€™re interested in the link! If you already have CarPlay, itā€™s a manner of replacing the hub, which is easy.
Well I had dealer install I am a mechanically handicapped person LOL so replacing the hub might not be easy task for me LOL. However am interested @three please send link we shall see I do like having the phone plugged into the OEM unit it was a much more rapid charger on the USB-A installed so it keeps my phone charged on long trips.

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
*nodding* I couldn't give a crap what others see, I want to see my beautiful dark blue phone. It's a large fraction of the reason I'm even upgrading this year lol

Addendum: Like ... I honestly don't see the point of using anything BUT a clear case. Apple makes their phones beautiful and to put a big old Fatty McFatfat pink Otterbox on a blue phone makes no sense to me lol
I agree why I use a clear case all the time. Like to see my phone not that I am showing it off to others mind you @LeahJoFoxtrot

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.