Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

alia

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2003
Tampa, FL (Orlando, 2003 - 2023)
On the topic of going caseless, I will add that my 14 Pro Max was sitting face down on my counter on top of something that was apparently at a slight angle. It slid off the counter and landed face down on hard tile -- no case. It was totally and completely fine. So, I have had screens crack before (especially on concrete), they definitely have gotten stronger over the years. I know this is anecdotal.

ck3801

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2011
Boulder, CO
IMG_0085.jpeg
Still in ZZ or not scanned☹️

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
*nodding* I couldn't give a crap what others see, I want to see my beautiful dark blue phone. It's a large fraction of the reason I'm even upgrading this year lol

Addendum: Like ... I honestly don't see the point of using anything BUT a clear case. Apple makes their phones beautiful and to put a big old Fatty McFatfat pink Otterbox on a blue phone makes no sense to me lol
I know, right? Have you seen the phones that have been encased for months when the case is removed? They’re covered with grunge and grit! I don’t know how they’re not scratched up from all the mess that accumulates inside the case.

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
On the topic of going caseless, I will add that my 14 Pro Max was sitting face down on my counter on top of something that was apparently at a slight angle. It slid off the counter and landed face down on hard tile -- no case. It was totally and completely fine. So, I have had screens crack before (especially on concrete), they definitely have gotten stronger over the years. I know this is anecdotal.
That’s called luck.

n3sh

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2016
So I’m one of those guys who missed the window and my delivery is in November.

When does the same day store pickup option open? Is it on Friday 9/22 midnight or 10am?
Is this even possible?

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America
ijustine just posted the new iphone they sent her. today since people where wondering if she would get them
Those are review units. The one she preordered for herself isn’t until October. YouTubers don’t get to keep review units and they’re under very strict contracts with them - especially with things like damage...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.