Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009
I've never had a silicone case before. What was wrong with it? Does it stain and smudge easily? Wear out?
I've been using them for about 3 years now. They have always held up well for me. The one on my 14PM only recently got a small piece broken off of it. Not really sure how it happened. But I've always enjoyed the look and feel of mine.

synched

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2017
When should we expect tracking updates again for the batch that arrived this morning at Louisville KY?

anjo10

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2020
Chicago, IL
I’m about to disappear here in 20 minutes.

I expect that our journey will continue to travel to Louisville, KY in a few hours.

If this is accurate, this is our flight:

UPS 99

IMG_1621.jpeg

it is expected to depart in about 6 hours!
let’s go Wave 2B!

jphall

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2002
Mine arrived in Louisville at 11:03 this morning! Can’t wait!
iPhone preorders for my wife and me also arrived this morning. I got a few snaps of the flight over the Pacific on the way to Anchorage.

I've never had a phone that arrived in Louisville on Tuesday, mine always look like they might not make it for Friday delivery.

I was surprised they got the arrival stamp, they usually wait until Thursday when they do the import stamp, etc., before letting you know the flight actually arrived from Anchorage. They must have gotten so many calls from people freaking out.

I often post on these Preorder threads that
1. "yes, your phone is in Louisville even though they won't tell you until Thursday", and
2. "yes, your phone will almost certainly arrive on Friday even if you don't see it leaving Asia until Thursday."

Scans are often delayed, etc., and if the preorder says Friday it is rare for it not to arrive then.

Also, this will be my first phone in years that I've not gotten on Friday as I'll be out of town until Monday. We'll have our launch day party on Monday!

alexcue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Honestly, I’d love to rock a clear case. Unfortunately, every one I’ve ever tried has been a fingerprint magnet, which is a major pet peeve of mine.
That's what my pants are for!!! to wipe off the back... seriously my only complaint about the clear ones is they are so slippery on the back. I tend to leave it on the arm of a recliner and they always slip down. no problem if it falls on the seat part but I'm pissed if it falls the other way on to my wood floor! UGH

TurboCoder2022

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2022
I just watched iJustine's review. Hers is the best and is not derogatory towards iPhone at all. My question: why is it that the 4K 60fps mode is only available using an external recording storage device, even if you have a 1TB iPhone 15 Pro Max? Seems pretty silly to me to not allow the user to use the 1TB storage on the iPhone 15 Pro Max for that.

Reactions: POWERPLANTHOMER

alexcue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
I've been using them for about 3 years now. They have always held up well for me. The one on my 14PM only recently got a small piece broken off of it. Not really sure how it happened. But I've always enjoyed the look and feel of mine.
I'm thinking about sending my Fine Woven back and getting a silicone one.

Same thing happened to mine a small chip, it gave it's life protecting the phone, so I'm not complaining. But it bugged me every time i grab it and that rough edge now catches my finger.

After years of using the silicone one that's the first time it's happened. I do find they do get a bit loose but it's also because i grab them from my pocket dozens of times a day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.