Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
Almost all orders going out are from a few minutes past 8. I doubt at 23 mins we'll get the phones on release. I am hoping to get them in Sept though.
My email came through at :23 and I have delivery for Friday. If your order says your phone will be there on Friday, it will be there.

Reactions: Cayden and Wolfs

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009
Another close up take.

View attachment 2269791
Credit: Jason W
Be aware!

So, the iPhone 15 Pro’s titanium frame does attract fingerprint marks and creates a halo effect around the buttons which was visible in previously shared hands on images.

According to Arun, it can also get scratched easily 😳

View attachment 2269769 View attachment 2269770 View attachment 2269768
View attachment 2269782

Source/Credit: Shishir

This is going to become TitaniumGate!

• Wow
Reactions: Wolfs

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Heat absolutely accelerates battery degradation

But it's unclear if 20w wired or 15w wireless causes enough heat vs. e.g. 5w wired / 7.5w wireless to cause a detectable difference in the degradation rate within a 1 year timeframe

All I know is 1 year of 15w MagSafe charging has ravaged my battery within 1 year in ways that 5w wired / 7.5w wireless charging never did in years past... and that's even with "Optimized Charging" that didn't even exist before.
I don't worry too much about battery degradation when I trade my iPhone in every year.

Honestly, I'm with you. I have a 20W usb-C Anker charger I use occassionally for faster charging, and it makes my 14PM really hot. It's crazy that's considered the baseline/minimum charging speed now with USB-C.

I've been mainly charging wirelessly overnight due to convenience (slapping my phone on a MagSafe stand instead of fumbling with a cable). It's not a fast charger, but I've still had the worst battery degradation this year out of any iPhone. It could be coincidence, but when I've gone longer periods of time using wireless charging on past iPhones, that's when my battery capacity seems to start dropping too.

I've considering buying 5W USB-C chargers on Amazon, but it's hard to trust those no-name brands with things like electricity. It'll also be hard to pass up the convenience of wireless charging. I don't miss being ready to fall asleep but then getting more awake again due to fumbling with a charging cable.
Thank you for your honest review. Walmart might be the best source for this 5W Apple Charger. It’s got the green dot 🟢. The best of the best OEM Apple Certified.

LasersGoPewPew

macrumors 604
Sep 12, 2014
PDX
In retrospect, the top-aligned Apple logo now looks odd compared with the centred logo that began on the iPhone 11.

1695163377447.png

Credit: Basic Apple Guy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.