Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters
Well I did it. After the unfortunate situation I have caught up from being over 400 pages down. Now I can keep up with everything people are saying.

One thing I should mention. Yes it’s about charging your iPhone. With the 15 Pro and Pro Max, the system of charging has changed. You have a full complement USB 3 system to charge with. The new iPhone can take up to 35 watts of charge power. And if you also have a Mac, you have full thunderbolt three support.
I have already built a system to charge my new phone at the 35 watts of power. It’s going to get charged with that on Friday.
Sorry again you had to go through 400 pages down. That surely is a lot of pages so I understand your pain. When I got back I had to catch up with 50 pages or so and It took me good 3 hours or so. It was a lot. Felt like I was racing against time.

mizzourah

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Pairing it with white titanium iPhone. What I realize is that the Apple Store pictures of the silicone cases are "brighter" looking. The actual color of these cases are definitely darker. The cypress I just got looks like forest green (darker than what it is online). It just get a shade lighter in the outside sunlight but not to the extent of the Apple Store pictures. I hope this helps.
This is accurate. Like @Samantha124 I got the Storm Blue case for my blue phone - it's almost navy and then I joined the clear case club (Because I guess I am a pansy also). But the Storm Blue looks baby blue on the website - a beautiful blue that it is. It is NOTHING like that in person. I do not understand the reasoning behind the pictures. People can and do return so Apple isn't really gaining anything by reflecting them a whole lot lighter than they really are.

AnClar

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2010
So the weather looks terrible in Seoul, and looks to be that way for hours. What’s the protocol for UPS flights in suboptimal weather, and what are the possibilities of a 9/22 delivery?

dstew201

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2016
Red is my favorite color! Most of my vehicles have been red. 😃
Red!!!
As you can tell from my profile pic 😀
1695161701090.gif

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009
iPhone 16 Ultra may come with a Red iPhone. It will be exclusive! That's the real iPhone you should go with. Red is my favorite color. What's yours?
I LOVE (product) RED. The 7/8/SE2/SE3 particular shade of red is the one I love. The only way I would skip it is if Apple pulls that mid-cycle March color update. I'm not going to buy the same phone twice lol

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Thank you! Slow charging is the best. It's best for the battery too. It doesn't overheat the phone. Yeah.. my new charging way does look too much but Apple has left me with no other choice. I love Anker cables too tho.

Ok we are going to have to stop the misinformation about slow charging "being the best" lol...battery optimization has come a very long way since the 5w charging blocks. There is a reason they are instinct and everyone has one lost in their rooms somewhere. There is zero benefit to charging slow.

I have fast charged my 14PM all year, some days with an overpowered Air 70w changing brick, and my battery is still 96% a year later

So while you enjoy it, and makes you happy, it is definitely not the best lol...I really thought this was just a 2am we got nothing to talk about conversation lol

Carry on

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
I LOVE (product) RED. The 7/8/SE2/SE3 particular shade of red is the one I love. The only way I would skip it is if Apple pulls that mid-cycle March color update. I'm not going to buy the same phone twice lol
This is totally my fear, that it will come out mid cycle. That would be a “Negative, Ghostrider” from Mr Wolfs. 😩

Ok we are going to have to stop the misinformation about slow charging "being the best" lol...battery optimization has come a very long way since the 5w charging blocks. There is a reason they are instinct and everyone has one lost in their rooms somewhere. There is zero benefit to charging slow.

I have fast charged my 14PM all year, some days with an overpowered Air 70w changing brick, and my battery is still 96% a year later

So while you enjoy it, and makes you happy, it is definitely not the best lol...I really thought this was just a 2am we got nothing to talk about conversation lol

Carry on
Let's save this for our nightly conversation tonight. Better come prepared because last night you couldn't stay up and saw you multiple times falling asleep.

LeahJoFoxtrot

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2016
iPhone 16 Ultra may come with a Red iPhone. It will be exclusive! That's the real iPhone you should go with. Red is my favorite color. What's yours?
Blue is absolutely my favorite color. Specifically navy blue. That said when there was talk about the 15 Pro / Pro Max coming in Red Titanium that was totally going to be my choice. Love red. But it isn't dark blue lol

Carry on
In addition, you need to charge your iPhone 15 Pro Max with this bad boy.

1695162170401.png

and before you tell me it's not compatible. Oh you know it is...

1695162214440.png

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Just another sale reminder...worth scooping up to complete the Friday trifecta (Phone, Watch, Pods)

NotApplicable

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2019
misinformation about slow charging "being the best"
Heat absolutely accelerates battery degradation

But it's unclear if 20w wired or 15w wireless causes enough heat vs. e.g. 5w wired / 7.5w wireless to cause a detectable difference in the degradation rate within a 1 year timeframe

All I know is 1 year of 15w MagSafe charging has ravaged my battery within 1 year in ways that 5w wired / 7.5w wireless charging never did in years past... and that's even with "Optimized Charging" that didn't even exist before.

LeahJoFoxtrot

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2016
Just another on sale reminder...worth scooping up to complete the Friday trifecta (Phone, Watch, Pods)

I'm so tempted!! About a year and a half ago when there was this toddler running around upstairs of my apartment driving me bat poop crazy, I bought a pair of the best type of Sony noise canceling headphones. I still have them but it would be nice to have that MagSafe charging case.

• Haha
Reactions: thatappleguytoday
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.