Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters
Bezel comparison

83bH7At.png
Which one is the iPhone 15 Pro Max? I'm guess right one or is it the left one?

Reactions: svish

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
This is why I will do the pre-sign at the very least this year since can't pick it up... no excuse for them to make to pretend I wasn't home. I had this happen with my MacBook Air last year. I work from home. I'm always here, so don't give me that BS.
One year I did a presign with fedex for an iPad launch day delivery. I had the signed paper attached to the door. I was watching the driver as he got my packages out, looked at the door and saw my papers, put the packages back in his truck and get “attempted delivery tags” to put on my door. I went out there and he said, “I saw the release forms and assumed you weren’t home. I wasn’t going to take the chance and leave these even though you signed the release”.

They have discretion regarding the prerelease forms if they deem it’s too risky. My neighborhood rarely had any crime.

That Natural Titanium does look really nice. If they do that color again next year that may be the one I go with.
iPhone 16 Ultra may come with a Red iPhone. It will be exclusive! That's the real iPhone you should go with. Red is my favorite color. What's yours?

AfterShip almost makes it look like we left Louisville back for China 😂
View attachment 2269470
That's why it is not recommended to use the AfterShip App. It takes time to get used to reaching the App. Sometimes it's best not to rely on tech and use our creative logistical minds.

TurboCoder2022

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2022
Thanks for asking. Maybe like 3 hours?

I went to bed at 1:30AM woke up at 3:30ish to report a departure scan or something in here and then woke back up at 5:00AM. I’ve been up since. More work to put in tonight. Big things coming our way. Friday can’t come soon enough.
Geeze! Thank you for all you do for us in this thread!! :)

I'm going to join you and use a 5W adapter to charge my phone... but I won't do that crazyness you did with the dongle lol. Just simply getting a USB-A to USB-C cable from Anker. I'm a little traumatized with my 14PM battery health being down to 90% already...... I charge overnight anyway so don't need fast charging. I do have some 30W usb c chargers laying around though for moments when I'm in a pinch.
Thank you! Slow charging is the best. It's best for the battery too. It doesn't overheat the phone. Yeah.. my new charging way does look too much but Apple has left me with no other choice. I love Anker cables too tho.

Foss

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2008
For those picking up in store like me on Friday, the order status typically changes from processing to ready for pickup possibly on Wednesday but definitely on Thursday. So if you're still in processing, there's nothing to worry about. I think the store that was picked changes the status to ready once they confirm receipt of your order arriving there. I did get a charge on my credit card on Sunday.

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
assigning a time is just a formality to keep things relatively organized. But if you go outside your time they will accommodate you... Last year my brother had a 12pm pickup and he showed up at 9am.... They simply just made him wait off to the side for like 10 minutes while they ushered in the group with the 9am slot and then they just added him to the end of that group.
Oh nice to know they aren't super strict about the time slot. I guess as long as you have a pick up time for the day, then you should be all set.

LasersGoPewPew

macrumors 604
Sep 12, 2014
PDX
@tdar I think it was @LasersGoPewPew who said that. By the way.. that's the same person who was asleep when pre-orders went live. We had 30-60 seconds this year to secure a launch day delivery. She asked me to pull an all-nighter with her and she was sleeping. I think she woke up like 3 hours later Go figure...

I still love her tho.
Did I stutter? I said what I said! 😆

By the way, I don't count because I'm pretty much half-dead anyway. I'm basically a zombie during the week.

Seems weird that you charge slow to save the battery but upgrade every year?
It's not about saving the battery. It's about taking care of the battery keeping it cool and giving it a slow voltage to slowly charge the iPhone. I upgrade every year because it's a custom and a tradition. It has become a part of my life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.