Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
You can change it on UPS website thru my UPS
Currently there is a restrictions so its greyed out. Maybe wait till after the import scan? Someone posted some info that you now need to contact Apple directly to remove the restriction as they are the shipper and only the shipper can make changes.

Reactions: Wolfs

tdar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2003
Johns Creek Ga.
Thanks for asking. Maybe like 3 hours?

I went to bed at 1:30AM woke up at 3:30ish to report a departure scan or something in here and then woke back up at 5:00AM. I’ve been up since. More work to put in tonight. Big things coming our way. Friday can’t come soon enough.
Thank goodness you got some sleep. Someone said that you can sleep when you’re dead. I didn’t like that because I ❤️ you so I don’t want you to die. In fact I need you to live for a long time!!

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
I’m ready for my Apple Store status
to to change to “Shipped”, already.

Picture of the day-taken in the process of tripping over the dog, who loves jet noise as much as I do. The clouds are cool, though.

IMG_3357.jpeg

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
Thank goodness you got some sleep. Someone said that you can sleep when you’re dead. I didn’t like that because I ❤️ you so I don’t want you to die. In fact I need you to live for a long time!!
Haha live for eternity:)

Lakersfan74

Suspended
Oct 17, 2019
UPS customer center and UPS store are different?

I know you could have it sent to the UPS store, but they have to do at least one attempt first

oops1975

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
Frisco, TX
Currently there is a restrictions so its greyed out. Maybe wait till after the import scan? Someone posted some info that you now need to contact Apple directly to remove the restriction as they are the shipper and only the shipper can make changes.
That seems new. I don't see any options greyed out.

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
I recall standing in line during the great meltdown of 2008. The launch of the iPhone 3G and the fumble out of the gate that was MobileMe left us standing in line for 6+ hours. Good times.
I do indeed remember that. I went to the Apple Store and stood in line in the July Texas heat. Once I committed, I was not leaving that line. I was out with my 3GS in about 3 hours. The man in front of me was very excited to get his new iPhone and talked about it quite a bit. When he was with the Apple rep, they had some kind of carrier issue, and they were still working to resolve it when I left. His face showed much consternation and stress. I felt bad for him.

@tdar I think it was @LasersGoPewPew who said that. By the way.. that's the same person who was asleep when pre-orders went live. We had 30-60 seconds this year to secure a launch day delivery. She asked me to pull an all-nighter with her and she was sleeping. I think she woke up like 3 hours later Go figure...

I still love her tho.

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
UPS customer center and UPS store are different?

I know you could have it sent to the UPS store, but they have to do at least one attempt first
Yes, the customer center is at the big distribution hub. If they hold it there before it goes on the truck, it’s available that day for pickup rather than delaying a day (or more) for a UPS store pickup.

Ok so your the one who started the socks. Gotcha
@Gathomblipoob was on fire last night. I'm still trying to figure him out. Something really happens with him during night time. It's very interesting. It's been like that for years and I'm still trying to figure him out. He's an OG tho.

Lakersfan74

Suspended
Oct 17, 2019
Yea they are different and ups store can add a business day, they are also NOT owned by UPS (at least that is what I heard, i could be wrong tho)
Both are true

If I was not going to be home, I would just get a mailbox for a month or the minimum and have it delivered there. Maybe you don’t need a mailbox just ask.

kupkakez

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
Austin, TX
Thank you very much! We’ll see where things are at next year. Who knows? Maybe I’ll take the day off next year. I miss tracking and traveling with you guys but the peace of mind is nice. It’s nice to not be dealing with UPS and to know exactly where and when I will be getting the phone.
in store pickup is where its at. No waiting around all day for UPS or "missing" them. It's also a fun experience standing in line waiting for your check in with other Apple fans and the hype and vibe at the stores on launch day. You can still follow here and partake in others tracking as well. Best of both worlds

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.