Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Omg every time I see the blue titanium finish I just want to happy cry. So beautiful <3 I'm hoping the soft clear case I ordered is suuuuuper clear or I might have to "unpansy" myself.
Hahahahaha Once a pansy, always a pansy.

Some people do though.

I just contacted UPS technical support at 1-877-289-6418 and provided my tracking #. The agent stated the option is not there because Apple is not requiring a signature for my package 🤔 Works for me if that is the case.
Awesome

Didn’t realize White was going to be a hold up for my phone. I can wait a little while but my November date hasn’t budged and that’s a little too far out. Card hasn’t been charged. Not sure if I should cancel and just get blue since they say October 6th. It’s my fault I didn’t get my order through until 7:45 pm launch day.
well, the blue is rad, so…

bmustaf

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
Telluride, CO
Yup, until we get people who paid for the units and did not rely on being in Apple's good graces to get review units, we won't hear anything actually honest if there are anything other than "minor" bad things to say.

It's just the reality. If you don't like it/have something negative that is even a bit outside AAPL's acceptable "downsides" talk track, you won't be getting a review unit next cycle, and there goes your following, so the economics/dynamics of even loaner review units pre-launch means you really cannot and should not trust the reviews until it's someone who actually ponied up, owns the device, and their following/living does not rely on having access to Cupertino.

Nothing interesting:)
Short summary:
1) The wall is not fully lifted - bloggers being cautious with the words used and tests performed. This is more like a brief overview.
2) Photo - fake lenses work fine - better in photo but video limitations still show they are fake.
3) Video - log format shoots only in 4k Pro Res - something to think about. Overall if you are videographer then this is tremendous update.
4) Bezels smaller - but hardly anyone noticing it.
5) Nat TI - looks awesome greyish in person.
6) USB-C - it is like a computer: people connected usbc hubs, camera memory cards and everything works like with a full fledged computer port.
7) Cinematic video mode - still awful with bad blur.
8) Photo Portrait - you can now shoot regular pics and apply portrait any time later. Portrait mode blur got much better.
9) Photo quality - it is almost the same as 14PM, at least hard to distinguish on the videos.
10) USBC - charges almost anything - iphone now is a powerbank.
11) Action button has great functionality when paired with shortcuts.
12) They are indeed 10% lighter.
13) Blue color has almost like discoloration like smudges around the buttons on day 6 of MKBHD use.
14) Everybody is saying only great things when in fact their videos and pictures are not so great(iJustine) For example the below called an excellent cinematic mode by Matti.
View attachment 2269513

FunkyTang

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2008
The lighter colored silicone cases can start to look dirty after awhile. Also, the soft silicone can be prone to nicks and wear. I keep my iPhone in the cup holder of my work truck and since I drive around all day long, the vibrations cause the lower left corner to wear through the silicone down to the plastic. On the other hand, the leather cases seem to hold up better or a least longer.
Yeah white silicone case owners never post a picture of their case’s patina after 1 year.

Reactions: Wolfs

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
Me when I finally get my new 15 Pro Max and realize I don’t know what to do with it now that I won’t need to be in this thread every second of every day:

b16.jpg

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
Why the hate for the clear cases lol. I’m getting one for a bit too. lol
I recently got a Mini 12 for a specific use and got an Apple clear case so I could appreciate the color purple. It was slippery and a fingerprint magnet, but the worst was when I tried to get it off to add a SIM card, it was near impossible. Changed to a nice Apple leather case for the Mini.

killawat

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
Another exciting thing about Friday: It'll be my first time in an Apple Store on an iPhone launch day! Curious to see what that will be like.
Yeah nothing like the early years. Will still be a vibe not a festival like back in the days.

COVID killed it and Apple signed the death certificate. Ok, ok, I’m being dramatic. Long lines are fine if you’re the one getting something out of it. Samsung wishes they had long lines. They literally mocked them in their ads. Everyone else is inconvenienced and couldn’t care less. Edit: as in stores that surround the Apple Store have to deal with long iLines, so as a good neighbor Apple reduced them greatly.

IMG_2085.jpeg

Last edited:

rjruiz2

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2014
It looks like Apple is not letting people pickup at local UPS store? Or has it always been this way?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.