Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

tdar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2003
Johns Creek Ga.
Back in the day, the line was very long and the wait several hours. Two years ago though, I did in-store pickup, and a tiny line and you were in and out in minutes. Apple really streamlined things over the years.

Though, the big city stores might be a little more intense still.
This is one thing that you can thank from Covid. Covid required them to totally reevaluate their plans for how they worked with customers in the store.

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
No it is not I just put in a sample order for an iPhone 15 Pro Max 512 in Blue for AT&T and there is store Inventory at my local Apple Stoer and I start Checkout. There is just no local Inventory where you are checking for Launch Day in-store pickup.

Dave
Apple has disabled the in store option now if you actually look at the apple store app. Gotta come back on 9/22 to check for availability.

IMG_0236.jpeg

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
Well I did it. After the unfortunate situation I have caught up from being over 400 pages down. Now I can keep up with everything people are saying.

One thing I should mention. Yes it’s about charging your iPhone. With the 15 Pro and Pro Max, the system of charging has changed. You have a full complement USB 3 system to charge with. The new iPhone can take up to 35 watts of charge power. And if you also have a Mac, you have full thunderbolt three support.
I have already built a system to charge my new phone at the 35 watts of power. It’s going to get charged with that on Friday.
I read the new iphone goes up to 27W according to the macrumors article

Reactions: Brad7

28Gauge

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2011
DFW
I've never had a silicone case before. What was wrong with it? Does it stain and smudge easily? Wear out?
The lighter colored silicone cases can start to look dirty after awhile. Also, the soft silicone can be prone to nicks and wear. I keep my iPhone in the cup holder of my work truck and since I drive around all day long, the vibrations cause the lower left corner to wear through the silicone down to the plastic. On the other hand, the leather cases seem to hold up better or a least longer.

Reactions: Brad7

alia

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2003
Tampa, FL (Orlando, 2003 - 2023)
Anyone ever seen the UPS truck drive by your house, and then you immediately get a notification that they attempted delivery but no one was home? I have: it’s infuriating.

I’ve gone to the UPS Store near my house where I knew the driver would go last and asked for my iPhones. He went in his truck and gave them to me.
This is why I will do the pre-sign at the very least this year since can't pick it up... no excuse for them to make to pretend I wasn't home. I had this happen with my MacBook Air last year. I work from home. I'm always here, so don't give me that BS.

Reactions: Wolfs
Another exciting thing about Friday: It'll be my first time in an Apple Store on an iPhone launch day! Curious to see what that will be like.
Next year, please come back and don’t do a store pick up. Would love to have you be here with us and travel together from China.

UPS won’t give you any problems. If they do. You let me know, asap. I’ll prioritize and stay on top of it. You already know where to reach me at. 💫 🚀

Last edited:

tdar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2003
Johns Creek Ga.
Next year, please come back and don’t do a store pick up. Would love to have you be here with us and travel together.

UPS won’t give you any problems. If they do. You let me know, asap. I’ll stay on top of it. You already know where to reach me at.
@xxray made sure that you tell your Apple rep that this is the first time you have gotten a iPhone from the store. They have a special thing that they are supposed to do. It’s really cool!!

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
Next year, please come back and don’t do a store pick up. Would love to have you be here with us and travel together from China.

UPS won’t give you any problems. If they do. You let me know, asap. I’ll prioritize and stay on top of it. You already know where to reach me at. 💫

Thank you very much! We’ll see where things are at next year. Who knows? Maybe I’ll take the day off next year. I miss tracking and traveling with you guys but the peace of mind is nice. It’s nice to not be dealing with UPS and to know exactly where and when I will be getting the phone.

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
@xxray made sure that you tell your Apple rep that this is the first time you have gotten a iPhone from the store. They have a special thing that they are supposed to do. It’s really cool!!
Ooh good to know! Now I’m extra excited. Thank you!

GeneticBloom

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
California
Are others who made the trip with wave 1 and 2A still waiting for customs clearance?'

Nevermind the times threw it off lol, it was way down the list of scans.

Last edited:

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
This sounds like it would make sense. Apple always worry’s about how much current it allows in the iPhone. So this sounds like an Apple type compromise. I will know Friday night!
Yes please let me know. Bc I just bought a 30W block but ill buy the 35W 2 prong one if needed

Thank you very much! We’ll see where things are at next year. Who knows? Maybe I’ll take the day off next year. I miss tracking and traveling with you guys but the peace of mind is nice. It’s nice to not be dealing with UPS and to know exactly where and when I will be getting the phone.
I understand. I apologize on behalf of UPS to you. But give another chance and please have faith in me. Rest assured, they will not give you any issues or problem. Again… if they do. Just let me know asap. I’ll get everything sorted out for you. Stay blessed! 🥲

Yay Girl... Did you get any sleep?
Thanks for asking. Maybe like 3 hours?

I went to bed at 1:30AM woke up at 3:30ish to report a departure scan or something in here and then woke back up at 5:00AM. I’ve been up since. More work to put in tonight. Big things coming our way. Friday can’t come soon enough.

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
Yep, time to find out Thursday. Im not worried since I went with in store pick up. I may now be doing this in store pick up moving forward is this ups cc request is going to a hassle.
I'm sure UPS would be happy if a lot more of us did this. Between delivering until late in the evening and having missing orders getting blamed on UPS (lost or "stolen by driver") it's not a fun day for them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.