Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

jhowieii

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2010
North Carolina
Just got this on AfterShip, UPS still shows it in China. Whatā€™s going on in the ROK?

Attachments

• IMG_9492.jpeg
    IMG_9492.jpeg
    299.6 KB · Views: 77

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
Nobody does yet-at least not on the direct from Apple orders
Some people do though.

I just contacted UPS technical support at 1-877-289-6418 and provided my tracking #. The agent stated the option is not there because Apple is not requiring a signature for my package šŸ¤” Works for me if that is the case.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Another exciting thing about Friday: It'll be my first time in an Apple Store on an iPhone launch day! Curious to see what that will be like.

Back in the day, the line was very long and the wait several hours. Two years ago though, I did in-store pickup, and a tiny line and you were in and out in minutes. Apple really streamlined things over the years.

Though, the big city stores might be a little more intense still.

Two Stacks

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2015
New Orleans
Well I did it. After the unfortunate situation I have caught up from being over 400 pages down. Now I can keep up with everything people are saying.

One thing I should mention. Yes itā€™s about charging your iPhone. With the 15 Pro and Pro Max, the system of charging has changed. You have a full complement USB 3 system to charge with. The new iPhone can take up to 35 watts of charge power. And if you also have a Mac, you have full thunderbolt three support.
I have already built a system to charge my new phone at the 35 watts of power. Itā€™s going to get charged with that on Friday.
But apparently if I remember right Apple said you canā€™t charge any faster. Just that it would accept 20W or higher charge. Itā€™s not gonna make your phone fast charge even faster. Still takes a couple hours.

alexcue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Nope still can't make that change after clearing Import Customs in Louisville, KY. All I can do is Shipment Release so the Driver can just drop it at the address and leave.

I will keep checking to see if the Option to hold delivery at CC appears.

Dave
sad to say it won't... you will have to call them and see if they can release it to a CC

Reactions: Wolfs

fhamadeh

macrumors regular
May 23, 2012
San Mateo, CA
Back in the day, the line was very long and the wait several hours. Two years ago though, I did in-store pickup, and a tiny line and you were in and out in minutes. Apple really streamlined things over the years.

Though, the big city stores might be a little more intense still.
I recall standing in line during the great meltdown of 2008. The launch of the iPhone 3G and the fumble out of the gate that was MobileMe left us standing in line for 6+ hours. Good times.

Reactions: xxray and Rafterman

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
I have a question about AppleCare + warranty. I just got the standard, but I think I want to get the theft and loss too. Do you guys know if this is possible after the purchase?
You have several days after activating the phone to add AppleCare+

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
I donā€™t even have the shipment release option šŸ‘Ž

Nobody does yet-at least not on the direct from Apple orders
Yes I do in my UPS My Choice app. It appears when I Click either of these links: Shipment Release or Driver Instructions links in the app. I Pre-Ordered last Friday directly from Apple and my iPhone Cleared Import Customs in SDF at 3:12 PM

1695157378767.png

Dave

DcGamer05

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
Litchfield CT
Didnā€™t realize White was going to be a hold up for my phone. I can wait a little while but my November date hasnā€™t budged and thatā€™s a little too far out. Card hasnā€™t been charged. Not sure if I should cancel and just get blue since they say October 6th. Itā€™s my fault I didnā€™t get my order through until 7:45 pm launch day.

Attachments

• IMG_5153.jpeg
    IMG_5153.jpeg
    417.1 KB · Views: 73

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
Didnā€™t realize White was going to be a hold up for my phone. I canā€™t wait but my November date hasnā€™t budged, card hasnā€™t been charged. Not sure if I should cancel and just get blue since they say October 6th.
Or wait in line at your closest Apple Store and see if you can reserve one of the will have it in stock? Or Friday morning after 6 am local time you live in you can check availability then as well.

Syk

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
Probably need to wait for the import scan/customs release to happen, which usually doesnā€™t happen until the day before if I remember correctly, then see if you can hold for pickup or redirect to a store.
Thanks. I'll give it a shot Thursday afternoon

ETA:I see one poster post about Apple, UPS and Thefts. Oh well I'm off anyway.

Last edited:

tdar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2003
Johns Creek Ga.
But apparently if I remember right Apple said you canā€™t charge any faster. Just that it would accept 20W or higher charge. Itā€™s not gonna make your phone fast charge even faster. Still takes a couple hours.
I have seen reports from people that it really will use 35 watts. That might not be true even though it was said. In reality it doesnā€™t matter. Like you said it is going to take time.

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
Pro Max availability is down until 9/22. Meaning that even if it's ins tock, you're not able to see the inventory or order pickup until 9/22
No it is not I just put in a sample order for an iPhone 15 Pro Max 512 in Blue for AT&T and there is store Inventory at my local Apple Stoer and I start Checkout. There is just no local Inventory where you are checking for Launch Day in-store pickup.

Dave

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.