Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Sorry, one more question about in-store pickup on launch day: Do they assign you a time when you order, or can I show up at 8AM if I wish. Thanks for the help here!
The last time I did in-store pickup, I selected a time slot. I arrived about 15-30 minutes before my time slot. They were only letting in by their time slots, so I don't know if you can go pickup at 8am if your time slot is like 3pm. Not sure how it is these days though. There's a separate line for walk-ins (it'll be much longer).

Reactions: killawat and Wolfs

synched

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2017
Yep, time to find out Thursday. Im not worried since I went with in store pick up. I may now be doing this in store pick up moving forward is this ups cc request is going to a hassle.
I started doing in store last year. Much more relaxing experience not having to worry about where my iPhone is and if Iā€™ll be home or not. Of course itā€™s not for all if you donā€™t have an Apple Store nearby but if you do, I would highly suggest.

Reactions: killawat and Wolfs

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Is it just me-or does anyone else worry when theyā€™re on the Apple Store or UPS checking things, that they will accidentally bump the ā€œcancel orderā€ button? I have a moment of trepidation every time.

Also, what is up with iOS 17? In my iCloud profile my pic looks like this:

IMG_3359.jpeg
But instead once I save it looks like this? šŸ˜‚
IMG_3360.jpeg

Last edited:

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
Wait until you get the import scan; see if you are able to make changes then.
Nope still can't make that change after clearing Import Customs in Louisville, KY. All I can do is Shipment Release so the Driver can just drop it at the address and leave.

I will keep checking to see if the Option to hold delivery at CC appears.

Dave

Reactions: Wolfs

bigjnyc

macrumors G3
Apr 10, 2008
The last time I did in-store pickup, I selected a time slot. I arrived about 15-30 minutes before my time slot. They were only letting in by their time slots, so I don't know if you can go pickup at 8am if your time slot is like 3pm. Not sure how it is these days though. There's a separate line for walk-ins (it'll be much longer).
assigning a time is just a formality to keep things relatively organized. But if you go outside your time they will accommodate you... Last year my brother had a 12pm pickup and he showed up at 9am.... They simply just made him wait off to the side for like 10 minutes while they ushered in the group with the 9am slot and then they just added him to the end of that group.

Reactions: hungryteresa

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Nope still can't make that change after clearing Import Customs in Louisville, KY. All I can do is Shipment Release so the Driver can just drop it at the address and leave.

Dave
See what happens once they show shipped on Apple Store

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Anyone else not able to select to pick up at a UPS customer center? UPS just isn't giving me the option like last year.
Itā€™s been the same for many unfortunately. I had a Mac laptop delivered last month, and Apple restricted it from hold for pickup. First time Iā€™ve seen that with Apple that I can remember.

neelonjm

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2023
How is everyone getting their tracking number already? I have UPS My Choice but donā€™t see anything expected to be shipping to my address, I tried some of the tips in the first post without any luck.

LLL1424

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2005
Washington, D.C.

Dave
According to an Apple rep I spoke to earlier, Apple added restrictions to prevent internal theft at UPS. You have to reach out to Apple to release the package to pick up at a UPS hub. Is this true? We will find out. The Apple rep did state we have to wait until our Apple orders have tracking numbers embedded in the order versus us being OD and getting tracking numbers via UPS My Choice lol

Reactions: Brad7

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
According to an Apple rep I spoke to earlier, Apple added restrictions to prevent internal theft at UPS. You have to reach out to Apple to release the package to pick up at a UPS hub. Is this true? We will find out. The Apple rep did state we have to wait until our Apple orders have tracking numbers embedded in the order versus us being OD and getting tracking numbers via UPS My Choice lol
So essentially have to wait till after Apple marks it Shipped.

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America
Explain please?
There's always a group of people who receive their new iPhone's every year and decided they made the wrong color choice, prompting them to return the one they preordered and place a new order with the color they want. This year, people seem to be more indecisive (I should know LOL) about what color they should get. I just think that an atypical amount of people will return their initial choice and exchange for another color.

Reactions: Brad7 and Wolfs

Johnny907

macrumors 68020
Sep 20, 2014
So essentially have to wait till after Apple marks it Shipped.
Seems like. I tried to track my order using phone number, order number etc like I have in the past and it just brings me to this truncated summary with all the pertinent info blocked for ā€œsecurity reasons.ā€

pilotpat

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2015
Nebraska, USA
Is it just me-or does anyone else worry when theyā€™re on the Apple Store or UPS checking things, that they will accidentally bump the ā€œcancel orderā€ button? I have a moment of trepidation every time.

Also, what is up with iOS 17? In my profile my pic should look like this:

View attachment 2269558
But instead it looks like this? šŸ˜‚
View attachment 2269559
We have made updates to the way your profile pictures look in iOS 17 and we think you're going to love it!

rman0726

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
assigning a time is just a formality to keep things relatively organized. But if you go outside your time they will accommodate you... Last year my brother had a 12pm pickup and he showed up at 9am.... They simply just made him wait off to the side for like 10 minutes while they ushered in the group with the 9am slot and then they just added him to the end of that group.
No it really isnā€™t. I did store pickup once and had a 4pm time and of course I showed 10 minutes early and they wouldnā€™t let me in line. They were already backed up and there were still a dozen people ahead of me at 4pm from the earlier time slots.

Will some employees accommodate you? Probably. But why make their jobs more a a hassle on an already extremely busy day? Just show up at the time you chose.

Reactions: CarolG
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.