Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

jtrue28

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2015
Lexington, KY
Possible update for you 10/9-16 folks.

That was the date range for my wife’s phone. I just noticed the taxes got charged to my Apple Card. I checked her order progress in the Apple Store app…”Preparing to ship”. The date in there still says 10/2, but I would imagine it should be here even sooner now.

YMMV. Good luck!

farmkittie

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2013
Pairing it with white titanium iPhone. What I realize is that the Apple Store pictures of the silicone cases are "brighter" looking. The actual color of these cases are definitely darker. The cypress I just got looks like forest green (darker than what it is online). It just get a shade lighter in the outside sunlight but not to the extent of the Apple Store pictures. I hope this helps.
I love that they're darker. YMMV.

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
I'm so late and lost on this one so I'm gonna sit this one out
giphy.gif

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
My $4 clear case shows up today from Amazon. I forget who posted the coupon code and the link about 100 pages ago in this thread, but thank you! ;)

Planning to run around naked (ha ha) w/magnetic PopSocket for the most part, and just pop on the clear case when I have to commute to the office a few days a week or for travel. Depending on how slippery the 15's are. My 12PM is super slippery so I toss a case on if I'm going out for the day.
$4? You are quite the pansy! I am impressed!

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Does anyone know how horrific the in-store pickup experience is on release day?
The last time I did it was in Soho NYC 2019. I usually pick one of the earliest pickup time slots so they aren't backed up already. I think they've beens stricter on how "early" you can enter the store if your time slot is 8:30-9am. I definitely agree with the other people that the morning is definitely less crazy than the afternoon. They are pretty efficient though. If you aren't setting up your new iPhone there then it's quick. I spent hours at the store setting up my new iPhone because I needed to return my previous iPhone (IUP) and I wanted to make sure everything was okay. The energy at the store is usually pretty awesome though and you don't get that opening an iPhone at home. :) Are you picking up this year?

Last edited:

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Several (no, not confessing how many this early in the morning) premium cocktails, clearly having an effect.

Cranking up AirPods, probably too loud.

Over Everything .... Don't want to talk about nothing

I love everything about these two. Such a great song.

• Love
Reactions: Whistler Mac

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
That's what my pants are for!!! to wipe off the back... seriously my only complaint about the clear ones is they are so slippery on the back. I tend to leave it on the arm of a recliner and they always slip down. no problem if it falls on the seat part but I'm pissed if it falls the other way on to my wood floor! UGH
100% the same reason I don't use clear cases.

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
The last time I did it was in Soho NYC 2019. I usually pick one of the earliest pickup time slots so they aren't backed up already. I think they've beens stricter on how "early" you can enter the store if your time slot is 8:30-9am. I definitely agree with the other people that the morning is definitely less crazy than the afternoon. The energy at the store is usually pretty awesome though and you don't get that opening an iPhone at home. :) Are you picking up this year?
I guess it all depends on the location. Last year my friend designated me as a pick up person for the apple watch 8 and i went there at 4 pm on launch and there weren’t any lines at all and literally went in picked up order and out the door in 2 minutes.

bigjnyc

macrumors G3
Apr 10, 2008
Does anyone know how horrific the in-store pickup experience is on release day?
Last 3 years its been smooth sailing. I picked up at the soho store, the world trade center store, and once in NJ garden state plaza..... Each time I had a time slot... when I arrived there was someone checking people in and as long as you arrive within your alloted time slot they put you on a separate line which goes really quickly. they usher people in one by one to a table where they have all of the phones and check you out quickly.

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
The edges crumble after a few weeks to a few months sometimes. I still would get one if you like the looks and feel.
I keep hearing that, but I've been using Apple's silicone cases 100% of the time since they came out, and have never had that happen. Right now, I have one tiny chip in the silicone in the corner of my case, but it's otherwise perfect, and it's been on my phone for close to a year nonstop. I've seen other people with them and they are falling apart, and it makes me wonder what they do with their phones that I don't. :)

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
That's what my pants are for!!! to wipe off the back... seriously my only complaint about the clear ones is they are so slippery on the back. I tend to leave it on the arm of a recliner and they always slip down. no problem if it falls on the seat part but I'm pissed if it falls the other way on to my wood floor! UGH
These are actually awesome, as far as rugged clear (at least clear back) cases go. Unfortunately, holy fingerprints, Batman!

Reactions: 5105973

jtrue28

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2015
Lexington, KY
Anyone else not able to select to pick up at a UPS customer center? UPS just isn't giving me the option like last year.
Sounds like, from the post on the last page (492) that Apple is not allowing that this year. Apparently you can call Apple and they'll lift the restriction.

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Well finnished the video reviews on MR today and found one more while watching them on YouTube this one. Another good one about the 15 pro line and what significant things are found for photography this in detail is why I jumped. He also explained some terms I did not understand in other reviews.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.