Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008

From the iPhone 15 Reviews thread:

TechCrunch-5x-Photo-on-iPhone-15-Pro-Max.jpeg

These were taking by the iPhone 15 Pro Max.

BL.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
there are several people from Austin here, I think its gotta be top representation if not close haha. You don't have to camp out, though you might have to wait in a smaller pre order line but will be nothing compared to walk-ins. You can also come in later in the day. if you want to be close to opening, dunno, however long you can tolerate being in line. You have an opening slot so you won't wait too long anyway.

If I had an 8 am slot I would show up with a chair at like 6. But I'm unusual. I can't come in earlier because my appointment is later so I'm slightly disappointed.
My son lives in ATX. Can I be an honorary member?

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Are you sure? Aren’t the time slots already allocated for the people who have preorder pick ups? And the non pre orders people have to just do walk ins? Like first come first serve type of deal
If you didn't get a preorder for in-store pickup, your best shot is to look at store inventory around 6am (or a few hours before your store opens) on launch day, and do the reserve for pickup then. Not sure about waiting in line -- definitely not guaranteed to have one if it's a Pro Max.

Here's a link as well: https://iphonechecker.herokuapp.com but you can also use the Apple Store that morning too to try and snag one in store for pickup. If I weren't already stuck to IUP/trade-in preorder already, I'd be going that route myself.

ctjack

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2020
The review videos are out. To bad I’m stuck at work 😵
Nothing interesting:)
Short summary:
1) The wall is not fully lifted - bloggers being cautious with the words used and tests performed. This is more like a brief overview.
2) Photo - fake lenses work fine - better in photo but video limitations still show they are fake.
3) Video - log format shoots only in 4k Pro Res - something to think about. Overall if you are videographer then this is tremendous update.
4) Bezels smaller - but hardly anyone noticing it.
5) Nat TI - looks awesome greyish in person.
6) USB-C - it is like a computer: people connected usbc hubs, camera memory cards and everything works like with a full fledged computer port.
7) Cinematic video mode - still awful with bad blur.
8) Photo Portrait - you can now shoot regular pics and apply portrait any time later. Portrait mode blur got much better.
9) Photo quality - it is almost the same as 14PM, at least hard to distinguish on the videos.
10) USBC - charges almost anything - iphone now is a powerbank.
11) Action button has great functionality when paired with shortcuts.
12) They are indeed 10% lighter.
13) Blue color has almost like discoloration like smudges around the buttons on day 6 of MKBHD use.
14) Everybody is saying only great things when in fact their videos and pictures are not so great(iJustine) For example the below called an excellent cinematic mode by Matti.
Screen Shot 2023-09-19 at 2.43.37 PM.jpg

madrigal77

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2018
Canadian shipment says it's in Louisville on the UPS app, but Aftership says it's in New Brunswick clearing customs lol.

Reactions: Wolfs

killawat

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
Thanks, but trouble is, I dawdled, and now 15's are listed as unavailable for pick-up anywhere in NYC.
they'll have walk in stocks but there might not be as much of what you really want so you have to way that with waiting in line. Though the days of waiting overnight are over, but since the pro max flew off shelves maybe there will be some interest? I'd prepare for 2:00 AM early morning Friday at the latest.

• Wow
Reactions: srbNYC
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.