Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Heat absolutely accelerates battery degradation

But it's unclear if 20w wired or 15w wireless causes enough heat vs. e.g. 5w wired / 7.5w wireless to cause a detectable difference in the degradation rate within a 1 year timeframe

All I know is 1 year of 15w MagSafe charging has ravaged my battery within 1 year in ways that 5w wired / 7.5w wireless charging never did in years past... and that's even with "Optimized Charging" that didn't even exist before.
I've charged my 14 Pro Max every day with a MacBook 45W charger. I know, the phone only accepts about 27W. Battery Health has it at 96%. I'm happy with that.

Let's be honest... everything about the iPhone 6 and 6S felt wrong. They sold us an iPhone prototype 2 years in a row.
I honestly felt like Apple got lazy with iPhone 6 and felt rushed. It did felt like a prototype model to test the plus size screen. We will never know.

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
and its debatable that you can even show up earlier than 15 - 30 minutes for your pickup time. I got noon for Austin, that was the soonest available, but I wanted to camp out .
Last year I picked mine up in store on release date. People that came early were sent away and told to come back at their reserved time. People that didn't have an appointment were shuffled over to a different line and told the wait would be really long. I didn't see anyone who came late, so I'm not sure what happened with those people I'm guessing they got to get in the scheduled line, but probably at the end of it.

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
In retrospect, the top-aligned Apple logo now looks odd compared with the centred logo that began on the iPhone 11.

View attachment 2269793
Credit: Basic Apple Guy

I find that I just get used to whatever is current. I thought the centered Apple logo looked weird when they changed it. Now, you're right, the old positioning looks weird. I thought the tiny cameras on the iPhone used to look nice, now they look really comically small to me. I even hated the idea of a gray iPhone 15 Pro color when it leaked, and now I love it and am so glad I went with it.

Long story short, I seem to just conform to loving whatever Apple's current design choices are. 🤦‍♂️

BreakingKayfabe

Suspended
Oct 22, 2020
Southern Cal

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009
I honestly felt like Apple got lazy with iPhone 6 and felt rushed. It did felt like a prototype model to test the plus size screen. We will never know.
Especially after seeing how polished the 7/8/SE2/SE3 are in comparison. I think Apple intentionally made them ugly so that we would get accustomed to covering them up with their overpriced cases lol

Stlcheer

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2010
Saint Louis, MO
I’ve been influenced to buy the polishing cloth.

Attachments

• IMG_6873.jpeg
    IMG_6873.jpeg
    264.9 KB · Views: 71

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Wait, what’s this? I’ve bought from the store before and they never did anything special for me.
Years ago, when there was no preordering and we were standing in line for hours, quite often the Apple staff would come out with snacks and drinks for us. I don't miss the standing, but it was a pretty fun social event for the more garrulous among us. 😆

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
Thank you for your honest review. Walmart might be the best source for this 5W Apple Charger. It’s got the green dot 🟢. The best of the best OEM Apple Certified.

Thank you! I actually still have a ton of those laying around, I just don't really think using a usb-a to usb-c adapter is really ideal for my use case. The whole appeal of USB-C to me is to be able to use one cable for all of my devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.