Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Welcome back everyone. Relaxing today for the day tomorrow

IMG_8911.jpeg
IMG_8907.jpeg
IMG_8905.jpeg

tangfish

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Go to Best buy and buy your burner phone there. We dont do shady stuff with out IPhones

Not sure how you made the jump from some countries’ carriers offering only physical SIM cards to “shady stuff” but there is no relation in my use case.

sppunk

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2012
Dumb question. I have an AT&T phone with sim. I was going to buy straight though Apple unlocked but would it be easier to buy through Apple via AT&T to get the esim set up? I am paying outright and much prefer buying direct without choosing a carrier but if it’s a PITA to transfer a new phone to esim I can change my preorder.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I know that this sounds crazy but I have fought with Verizon so much this year that I am going to pay it if that’s what they want just to avoid having to deal with any of them. Great phone company but one that has gotten very greedy.
That’s one of the prime reasons why I never order through Verizon. I had enough of that with T-Mobile before 2021.

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
I was thinking about it, and I've been on T-Mobile Prepaid for a while and really enjoyed the coverage and service for the price. That being said, I really wanted to be on the iPhone Upgrade Program... I upgrade every year, so it's the logical place to be? I did some planning and decided to port over to Verizon. Got the ball rolling, after 4 separate calls to T-Mobile asking them to turn off "account port protection", I moved over to Verizon.

It says I'm pre-approved, so I think I'm good to go? I didn't get any further confirmation but I got charged $49.50 or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob198612

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2014
Miami
Related to the topic: I was thinking about it, and I've been on T-Mobile Prepaid for a while and really enjoyed the coverage and service for the price. That being said, I really wanted to be on the iPhone Upgrade Program... I upgrade every year, so it's the logical place to be? I did some planning and decided to port over to Verizon. Got the ball rolling, after 4 separate calls to T-Mobile asking them to turn off "account port protection", I moved over to Verizon.

It says I'm pre-approved, so I think I'm good to go? I didn't get any further confirmation but I got charged $49.50 or something.
You got charged?

That’s strange if nothing is ordered yet

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
You got charged?

That’s strange if nothing is ordered yet
That's what I'm curious about, too! I just signed up for the iPhone Upgrade Program, so I guess that might have to do something with it? I guess, all in all, it's a good sign? We'll see at 5 AM.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
I was thinking about it, and I've been on T-Mobile Prepaid for a while and really enjoyed the coverage and service for the price. That being said, I really wanted to be on the iPhone Upgrade Program... I upgrade every year, so it's the logical place to be? I did some planning and decided to port over to Verizon. Got the ball rolling, after 4 separate calls to T-Mobile asking them to turn off "account port protection", I moved over to Verizon.

I have a similar dilemma. I owe money on my 14 pro max, selected the upgrade program, it pulled my credit, charged my card, and my pre pre order says it'll be ready tomorrow morning. Hoping the fact that I have an outstanding balance on my 14 PM doesn't affect me being able to finish the purchase process tomorrow.

Edit: Verizon is my carrier.

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
iUP folks shouldnt need to wait in line like regular people. They should get early access not just , from what it looks like, slightly better odds than over normal.

and I say this as someone who does not have iUP.

Interesting - didn't think about that, and now that you mention it, I'm surprised they don't do that.

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
I have a similar dilemma. I owe money on my 14 pro max, selected the upgrade program, it pulled my credit, charged my card, and my pre pre order says it'll be ready tomorrow morning. Hoping the fact that I have an outstanding balance on my 14 PM doesn't affect me being able to finish the purchase process tomorrow.

Edit: Verizon is my carrier.
I contacted Apple Support, asking if I was pre-approved and if I should worry, they said the same thing that I did. So, I guess I shouldn't worry and we'll see what happens at 5 AM. I guess it depends if you got your iPhone 14 Pro Max with the iPhone Upgrade Program or through Verizon. If through the iPhone Upgrade Program, if I understand it correctly, you can upgrade every year after making 1/2 the payments of the phone. I'd suggest contacting them about your scenario!

Reactions: Djones96
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.