Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

AnOracle

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2021
Interesting - didn't think about that, and now that you mention it, I'm surprised they don't do that.
I think in years past the "pre-preorder" thing was for iUP users only, but they've since allowed everyone to get on board

Reactions: dmr727

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
IMG_6847.png

🎵 It’s the final countdown…!! 🎶

dkinley

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2014
Yes, as of this afternoon, I picked out two different Pro maxes with T-Mobile financing to get ready for Will. See which one has a store pick up available. I have to choose the Apple Store. I want to pick it up at as I’ll have multiple options on my journeys next Friday.

dkinley

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2014
Does anyone here work in an Apple Store? I’m curious how many phones do they get normally for pre-order for pick up specifically Orlando or Tampa? Area

ebika

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2008
Chicago
Dumb question. I have an AT&T phone with sim. I was going to buy straight though Apple unlocked but would it be easier to buy through Apple via AT&T to get the esim set up? I am paying outright and much prefer buying direct without choosing a carrier but if it’s a PITA to transfer a new phone to esim I can change my preorder.
It's easy to buy unlocked without a carrier and switch over your cellular plan. When you set up the new phone, have the old one nearby and it should walk you through transferring from physical sim to esim on the new phone. I did that through T-Mobile. I believe it's very similar with AT&T too.

sojurn

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2013
Here we go again!! I have the 12 pro max. Gonna get the 15 pro. Super excited about it being lighter. Getting old is hell. How has the deliveries gone these past couple years? They requesting signatures? Not able to get that time off. I agree with the previous comments. You all are like my long lost iPhone family. My wife couldn’t care less. I’m all excited. Love the whole progress tracking and story's.

Rob198612

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2014
Miami
I just got my full screen protector for the 15 Pm and if those bezels are accurate they are super super skinny holy moly

Reactions: Brad7

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
Does anyone here work in an Apple Store? I’m curious how many phones do they get normally for pre-order for pick up specifically Orlando or Tampa? Area

I think they dynamically ship phones for pickup based on order quantity so it’s not like certain stores only get a few phones for pickup. If you order within the first few minutes of preorder time you’ll probably get your phone at launch day at whatever store you choose.

Reactions: Brad7 and killawat

teeshot44

macrumors 65816
Aug 8, 2015
US
Can we call apple to apply military discount after an order has been placed?
Nope. Gotta go tru ID.me. I even tried to buy a phone with veterans discount last year in a store and they made me stand there and order it online for pick up.

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009
Y'all are seriously tempting me to get an iPhone 15 Pro just to play the order/status/tracking game again this year. It's going to be difficult to sit back and watch (and maybe instigate a little).

I gave in. You should give in, too. Don't leave me hanging like this. We're all in it together!
I'm still holding out but this thread is making it hard to resist the temptation... 😅

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.