Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

28Gauge

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2011
DFW
I always find it mildly interesting how in review videos, Americans seem to refer to Apple as a singular noun (“Apple has added a 5x telephoto camera”) while reviewers in the UK refer to Apple as a plural noun (“Apple have added a 5x telephoto camera”). Anyone else notice this? :p
I have never noticed it and I will have to start listening for it now. Something that I have noticed over the years has to do with hospitals. Americans say “I am going to THE hospital while Brits say “I am going to hospital”. It must be an example of “separated by a common language”.

WaitingForGuacamole

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2021
I have that in black. It's really good, though the watch magnet is sorta weak.

I got this one below. It has a fan in the iPhone charger part to keep it cool.

I have a couple of the 2-in-1s arriving today!

Reactions: Wolfs

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
I have never noticed it and I will have to start listening for it now. Something that I have noticed over the years has to do with hospitals. Americans say “I am going to THE hospital while Brits say “I am going to hospital”. It must be an example of “separated by a common language”.
Saying “I’m going to hospital” makes it sound like the reason they’re going is because they just had a concussion and can’t complete full sentences and say crazy things like “I’m going to hospital.”

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
Oh damn, I forgot today is hump day lol

"Hump day" feels misleading to me this week considering our week started last Friday. :p Hump day makes me think we're on day 3.5 out of 7. Really, we're on day 5 out of 7 towards getting our iPhones.

roll-sade.jpg

I haven't noticed that before! Now, I'll have to be on the lookout for that.

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
Thank you to whoever posted that link to the Apple polishing cloth on sale on Amazon, I just picked up one for myself 😜
So what exactly is the deal with the Apple polishing cloth? I feel like it’s some ongoing joke I’m not a part of. Yes, I know @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ bought enough of them to last through a nuclear armageddon, but is there actually anything that makes them special? I really can’t imagine them being of a higher quality than the microfiber cloths I use to polish my car.

WaitingForGuacamole

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2021
I asked Apple about my delay from 9/22 to 10/2 and they claim that Verizon has been the hold up. That’s what I get I suppose for the eSIM being automatically transferred. I miss the old days of just swapping the SIM cards :(

That shouldn't be because of the eSIM, though, right? I mean, if that's the case nobody will be able to reach VZW Customer Support, because they will be slammed! I wonder if you got a bad support rep who just made something up to deflect the question...

ahodes

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2011
So what exactly is the deal with the Apple polishing cloth? I feel like it’s some ongoing joke I’m not a part of. Yes, I know @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ bought enough of them to last through a nuclear armageddon, but is there actually anything that makes them special? I really can’t imagine them being of a higher quality than the microfiber cloths I use to polish my car.
It's an overpriced cloth that became a viral meme. Articles about buying it on installments, support articles, compatibility, and even an iFixit teardown just reinforced it. It was even sold out for a while.

DaRaider65

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2015
Lubbock, TX
Wishing Apple would flip the switch, so to speak, so they would show the items have shipped so that I could then call them and have them release their restriction so that I could have UPS hold the phones 📱 at the customer center 😴

Reactions: iLOLWUT and Wolfs

Tuscape

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2020
Same boat (plane?) and my UPS app says Scheduled Delivery 9/22 12:15-2:15. That’s enough for me to hope for a Friday delivery. The switch to titanium means the phones can fly faster in from China so they should make it on time.
Refreshed the app and I now see delivery date will be provided as soon as possible along with an Arrived at Facility in ZhengZhou 9/20 5:00 PM which is a little after the Departed from Facility in ZhengZhou 9/20 1:40 PM. So either normal tracking wonkiness or someone forgot their keys.

Hookee123

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2023
Wishing Apple would flip the switch, so to speak, so they would show the items have shipped so that I could then call them and have them release their restriction so that I could have UPS hold the phones 📱 at the customer center 😴
When does apple typically release the tracking numbers?

Reactions: nikster21

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
@rjjacobson and @AeroSatan (and if there was a 3rd person with a birthday today remind me please), birthday cheers again to you both and thanks for inviting us all to your birthday iPhone tracking watch party. Hope you both had a great day!
Glad you joined the birthday/iphone tracking party it has been fun this year the way to celebrate for sure

WaitingForGuacamole

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2021
Our battery health rolloff has been non-linear... My wife's 12 Pro started dropping after about 3 months, started picking up steam and then leveled off a few months ago at 82. My 12 Pro was at 97% after a year, with nothing special done. the second year it made its way down to about 87%, and the last year, down to 84%. And I'm not a tin-foil-hat guy, but I've always been suspicious of the fact that your phone knows it's on AppleCare+ when it is reporting...

dsmill

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2013
Good morning! I was hoping to see a change this morning on UPS. I am still showing 6:22pm scan in ZZ. No movement as of this morning. Hope to see it on the move later today. Anyone else have the same scan? 1695211493408.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.