Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Chinoo

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2011
Departed Alaska 9/19 12:55Am
Still no updates after that. Anyone else in the same situation

Me too
3d4c7af0d7287df85c3864daf95143d1.jpg

judyg951

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2016
sunny So. Ca.
I'm doing in store pick up but don't want to give them my current phone right away and won't have my husbands phone with me. Is this going to be a problem? I usually have delivery, but didn't this time. I have 2 different pick up times that match up in the middle. If I show up at the first time will I be able to get both phones then or will they make me wait? You can tell I'm not familiar with ISPU.

AnClar

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2010
No movement updates as of this morning. Aftership still shows delivery exception because of severe weather in Seoul. MyChoice still says ZZ as of 9/17 6:22PM. Delivery still showing 9/22. Fingers crossed this is just a case of delayed or missing scans, but I’m getting a bit antsy at this point.

Reactions: HDJulie

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
I haven’t done the new phone switch in a while, I’m rusty. What’s everyone doing to prepare for the switch? Or just simple backup to iCloud and restore into the new phone?
I imagine it'll be possible to connect a USB C to Lightning cable between the two phones and do a wired data transfer that way. Exciting! 😁

Reactions: tunastink

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
I'm doing in store pick up but don't want to give them my current phone right away and won't have my husbands phone with me. Is this going to be a problem? I usually have delivery, but didn't this time. I have 2 different pick up times that match up in the middle. If I show up at the first time will I be able to get both phones then or will they make me wait? You can tell I'm not familiar with ISPU.

As long as you receive notifications that both devices are ready via Apple Store app, you should be able to pick them up at one appointment time.

• Love
Reactions: Wolfs and judyg951

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL

Trade in devices need to be sent back within 14 days I do believe. But you won't need that day. You can ask the time frame when you get there.

Reactions: judyg951

NickyValentine

Suspended
Aug 7, 2023
Wait, it’s just a phone?! It only makes calls? Why did I even buy one, then?! 🤦‍♂️
I didn’t mean that. The original comment was “are others waking up and always checking tracking information”. That’s what I responded to…not the reason for having said phone

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
Departed Alaska 9/19 12:55Am
Still no updates after that. Anyone else in the same situation
I remember a couple of years ago that I got a departure scan from Alaska on a Tuesday and then got nothing until Thursday morning when it had it's import scan. Your phone is likely already in KY, but probably won't populate a new scan until it has it's import scan tomorrow morning.

tunastink

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2019
I usually just restore from iCloud. Although, I have set up as a new iPhone before.
I like the idea of setting up as new, I love having a pristine uncluttered phone and starting to add apps and tweak settings from scratch again. But I also want my full photo library on-device and full message history. I’m guessing iCloud sync will be the best path for me, but we will see.

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
I like the idea of setting up as new, I love having a pristine uncluttered phone and starting to add apps and tweak settings from scratch again. But I also want my full photo library on-device and full message history. I’m guessing iCloud sync will be the best path for me, but we will see.
I used Quick Start last year and it was very simple and easy to use. I had zero problems with it. Although, I know that might not be everyone's preferred method.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.