Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
2 more sleeps!
For @TheYayAreaLiving šŸŽ—ļø no more sleeps šŸ˜‚ Sheā€™s not sleeping until
Friday night

No alcohol. No sugar. No energy drinks.

Just water.
No alcohol or energy drinks for me, either. I got tired of feeling like crap after half a glass of wine. I wish I could say the same about sugar šŸ˜Š and carbs in general. And butter. Nothing tastier than an espresso, bread and butter in France.

And I do love some Coke Zero Sugar

No bro. It's in a cigar. There's nothing else like it. Ice cream is for babies. Cigars are for men and women who appreciate fine things.
just call me a big baby then.

2ab94d73bab44351bc3d2020832f7c16.jpg

2b431d85e812546bb1a060825a68e2fd.jpg

148365b2ac8d4ef8d5ce20ba5258f0ea.jpg

Found a bunch of apple devices in my junk drawer. I mean my time capsule, at my parents house.
Somebody needs the polishing cloth šŸ˜™

caesarp

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2012
I havenā€™t done the new phone switch in a while, Iā€™m rusty. Whatā€™s everyone doing to prepare for the switch? Or just simple backup to iCloud and restore into the new phone?
They have this thing now called "quick start", where you put your old phone next to your new phone. I think it uses a combo of direct transfer from your old phone, plus your iCloud backup (and at one point you can select one or the other). But it is easy and fast. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210216

goneeuro02

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2016
What are you guys thinking for the new action button? I want to map it to my August lock on my front door. It will be my first foray into using the Shortcuts app.

Reactions: Wolfs and jamezr

Tuppery Numnak

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2012
Yes, but I called UPS and got my full tracking # - which now shows under my choice ONLY as "recently tracked". But "my choice" itself for me still shows no packages in transit -- but I see everything, in the recently tracked section, when I click on more details (and my phone is sitting comfortably in Louisville, KY right now).

I think my choice got messed up for me when i moved earlier this year to LA from the east coast. And although I live in Los Angeles (the actual city), UPS wanted my new address to read Hollywood, CA (same street and same zip code though). I don't live in "Hollywood".

So I think it has something to do with my address used for shipping, credit cards, etc, not matching what UPS wants my address to be.

But if you call UPS, they can give you the full tracking number. Those last 4 digits you see ARE the last 4 digits of your actual tracking number.
What the hell number at UPS did you use? Iā€™ve been trying for 20 minutes to just talk to someone and canā€™t get anyone lol just a perpetual loop.

Reactions: iLOLWUT

bigjnyc

macrumors G3
Apr 10, 2008
This thread is nuts lol. I'm not even here for the flight tracking crazyness since I personally feel its pointless being that everyone is getting their phone on the same day lol (and also I always do in-store pickup).... but all of the other banter and extra-curriculars in this thread make it easily one of the best in MR history.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
What are you guys thinking for the new action button? I want to map it to my August lock on my front door. It will be my first foray into using the Shortcuts app.
That is a great use case! Would be nice to be able to remote start my truck with the action button! One press to remote start and 2 presses to unlock/lock the doors.

chester0711

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2010
Yep. I was on an international flight with awful wifi (0.09mbps down, 2500+ ping) so I didn't get an order in until 35 minutes in. I'm Oct 9-16, no movement up at all yet. Just enjoying watching people track this year, with a healthy dose of FOMO šŸ„ŗ
Same boat as you guys....wondering if that order time will push up at all? hopefully not back?

Reactions: tekchic

AbSoluTc

Contributor
Sep 21, 2008
What the hell number at UPS did you use? Iā€™ve been trying for 20 minutes to just talk to someone and canā€™t get anyone lol just a perpetual loop.
1-800-782-7892 - say "INTERNATIONAL" and you'll be directed to a person. Say you have a reference number and are trying to track but not getting the full number, etc etc. May have to try a couple times.

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
I could see it coming to older models in a later iOS 17 release, honestly. But that's only if it comes to them at all.
That would make sense. I wonder if there would be no way to get an accurate count after the phone has gone through so many cycles? I honestly don't know how that works.

Reactions: Wolfs and IceCool

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Oh come on! Collab of the century!
I am here for this!

We tend to forget that she's a successful businesswoman with millions of followers. She clearly does something that a big segment of people like and want. But, she's not for everyone, no one is.
Well, we know who she ISNT forā€¦

And a slingo game from the 90s that Still works!
f40a193623b53161407dbe6d76def805.jpg

Wonder what else i can find in my time capsule

We just moved and I found all the electronic aircraft carrier and jet toys from 20 years ago. Costco had a great one that we still have. Motorized carrier with lights-antenna on the bridge turns, and it rolls forward. Has a whole airwing of little planes that came with it, annd the flight deck has tiny spring loaded catapults to launch them. So glad I saved it.
Sorry I had to drop out of following this thread. I was starting to get headaches from too much screen use. Iā€™m going to continue to rest up a bit then switch to my Samsung thatā€™s charging. Weird saying that on a thread like this. But I found out the hard way even my 12 Pro Max isnā€™t safe to be on for extreme forum reading like this.
feel better @GrumpyMom šŸ©·

goneeuro02

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2016
That is a great use case! Would be nice to be able to remote start my truck with the action button! One press to remote start and 2 presses to unlock/lock the doors.
This is a great idea. I really hope they let us really get in and customize this button.

Reactions: Wolfs

LogicalApex

macrumors 65816
Nov 13, 2015
PA, USA
Why in the world would apple no longer allow pick up at UPS? They think we can all sit home for 12 hours on a Friday?
UPS wonā€™t allow shipment changes until tomorrow. It is likely due to Apple requirements, but also likely due to the fact the phones havenā€™t ā€œshippedā€ yet.

Meaning, they are all on large pallets to cut down on shipping costs. UPS has the individual tracking numbers and has been scanning ā€œmasterā€ tracking numbers that cover all phones on a pallet. In KY (or whatever hub they use close to you if you arenā€™t in the US). Theyā€™ll break these down and start to move the actual phones themselves.

At that point, their system will process changes. Apple will also flag them as ā€œshippedā€.

So, patience. Unlike normal UPS shipments these arenā€™t allowed to be delivered as quickly as normal. Normal shipping would have had my iPhone 15 Pro from China to me within 1-3 days. Not 7ā€¦

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America
That would make sense. I wonder if there would be no way to get an accurate count after the phone has gone through so many cycles? I honestly don't know how that works.
Good point. iOS does have a .plist file within the filesystem that keeps track of things like (and including) the cycle count already. The iPhone 15's just make it visible in Settings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.