Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

EricExtreme

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
North Conway, New Hampshire
No alcohol. No sugar. No energy drinks.

Just water.
Same here! For decades, I have only had water. Being a turbo nutrition/fitness nut, I only eat highly nutritious, unprocessed food. I don’t eat for pleasure like the rest of the human species. I’m an oddball and enjoy eating/drinking for optimum nutrition versus any enjoyment derived from the taste/smell of the food. Everyone around me comments often that they don’t know how I do it. My simple answer is that I made a lifestyle choice long ago and have no desire to change that. Keeping it on topic, I use my iPhone to log all of my meals and macro/micronutrients, and I love the fitness data the watch/phone provides to aid me in achieving my optimum nutrition.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
View attachment 2270207 My new 2023 Chevy Silverado also came with one for the infotainment system.
I didn’t get a polishing cloth with my infotainment. It’s not a touch screen, however everyone that gets in my car touched it. It’s like Limeybastid @Fred Zed was riding shotgun all day after moisturizing.

Great-now I’m going to need a premium Apple Polishing Cloth.

jwm

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2010
Redondo Beach, California
Damnit! I have to get up and get ready for work. I’m not getting anything done today. 🤷🏻‍♀️
This week is a total write-off as far as productivity is concerned.
1695217836569.gif

LogicalApex

macrumors 65816
Nov 13, 2015
PA, USA
I remember a couple of years ago that I got a departure scan from Alaska on a Tuesday and then got nothing until Thursday morning when it had it's import scan. Your phone is likely already in KY, but probably won't populate a new scan until it has it's import scan tomorrow morning.
Yep. Both of mine were in KY last night.

UPS basically holds them all at their world port hub in KY. Then overnight them to their final destination Thursday for Friday delivery. Probably easier that way to prevent one location from shipping early. And they probably spend the day breaking down the pallets full of phones.

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
Yep. Both of mine were in KY last night.

UPS basically holds them all at their world port hub in KY. Then overnight them to their final destination Thursday for Friday delivery. Probably easier that way to prevent one location from shipping early. And they probably spend the day breaking down the pallets full of phones.
I find logistics incredibly fascinating. Yet, can be frustrating to watch, too 😂

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
Mine says its still waiting to receive shipment. Scheduled for, yup, you guys were right, 22nd. No early delivery. Oh well, at least it will be USB-C (finally!)

Chinoo

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2011
When would I be able to place a HOLD at my local ups? Right now is only giving me the option to leave it at a neighbor address.

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
I haven’t done the new phone switch in a while, I’m rusty. What’s everyone doing to prepare for the switch? Or just simple backup to iCloud and restore into the new phone?
I backup from iCloud. Pretty seamless.
Question: if I start with a fresh phone, and simply log into iCloud, does that auto-populate my Photos library and Messages like it does Mail, Safari, Keychain, etc.?

Thanks.

Reactions: rnj79

AbSoluTc

Contributor
Sep 21, 2008
When would I be able to place a HOLD at my local ups? Right now is only giving me the option to leave it at a neighbor address.

Not available this year. Someone mentioned it earlier and I said "liar". They proved me wrong lol. It's not an option due to Apple not allowing it.

Reactions: three and Wolfs

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
In years past, it's been after it has it's import scan in KY, then you can select hold at your local UPS CC. Although, some are saying that this option is being cracked down on, so I don't know if things will be different this time around or not. I guess we will find out after the import scans hit tomorrow.

AbSoluTc

Contributor
Sep 21, 2008
I backup from iCloud. Pretty seamless.
Question: if I start with a fresh phone, and simply log into iCloud, does that auto-populate my Photos library and Messages like it does Mail, Safari, Keychain, etc.?

Thanks.

Yes. I will say iCloud Messages is a mess sometimes. If you get any messages while that's happening, good luck actually have any new messages sync.

I lost a few this way and nothing I did would make them sync. That's why I tell everyone not to message me for a bit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.