Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

mackingit

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2011
New York
My two iphone 15 Pro max's show as 'Preparing to ship' with a delivery date of 9/22? Is this normal? Why are others already getting UPS and Fedex tracking info?

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I am here for this!

Well, we know who she ISNT for…

We just moved and I found all the electronic aircraft carrier and jet toys from 20 years ago. Costco had a great one that we still have. Motorized carrier with lights-antenna on the bridge turns, and it rolls forward. Has a whole airwing of little planes that came with it, annd the flight deck has tiny spring loaded catapults to launch them. So glad I saved it.

feel better @GrumpyMom 🩷
Thank you. Unfortunately I'm going to have to keep it to short visits throughout the day. I want to make sure I'm in good condition for when my phone gets here. 🙂

bmustaf

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
Telluride, CO
My two iphone 15 Pro max's show as 'Preparing to ship' with a delivery date of 9/22? Is this normal? Why are others already getting UPS and Fedex tracking info?
I don't think AAPL shows shipped until phones are in country, through customs, and through the KMEM sort (and perhaps even out of KMEM), which is basically "Thursday".

Lakersfan74

Suspended
Oct 17, 2019
I got MyChoice to work, but all it says is delivery September 22

Attachments

• IMG_1279.png
    IMG_1279.png
    257.7 KB · Views: 70

funktofunk

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2015
Sorry if it’s already been addressed, but the thread is massive!

My latest scan is KY yesterday. Anyone have insight as to ability to hold for pickup at UPS hub? Currently doesn’t appear to be an option…

• Haha
Reactions: Daino92

FlightLevel310

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2021

Flight Tracking Update - 10:40AM CDT

Those Still In China

So this is probably the last hope for those wanting a delivery date on Friday and are still in Zhengzhou. I'll translate this all into Eastern time to make it easier.

UPS173 | CGO-ICN | Depart: 9/21 4:45AM EDT | Arrive: 9/21 6:30AM EDT
UPS99 | ICN-ANC | Depart: 9/21 9:00AM EDT | Arrive: 9/21 4:00PM EDT
UPS99 | ANC-SDF | Depart: 9/21 7:00PM EDT | Arrive: 9/22 12:15AM EDT

That may give enough time to clear the import scan and then get sorted. They will then meet the others and go to their final destination around the 2-5AM hour. It is possible, but it will be tight.

Those Still Without Scan Updates In Anchorage

Not sure what is going on there, but there is still time to make it if you are stuck there. There could just be missing scans though.

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Oh no I missed your birthday? Belated happy birthday to you!

I believe I missed @hungryteresa birthday as well?

I wish you both and all other birthday celebrants all the best! 🥂🍾🎂🥳
Thank you @GrumpyMom! My birthday was in July, but I'll take the shoutout now. Friday will feel like my birthday though. 😍

AbSoluTc

Contributor
Sep 21, 2008
Sorry if it’s already been addressed, but the thread is massive!

My latest scan is KY yesterday. Anyone have insight as to ability to hold for pickup at UPS hub? Currently doesn’t appear to be an option…

Mixed info here. Some say you can't (can confirm you cannot right now). Someone says you can once it shows as "shipped" at Apple.

So, who knows at this point. You will know tomorrow.

alia

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2003
Tampa, FL (Orlando, 2003 - 2023)
View attachment 2270674 I don’t think anyone here on this forum would fall for these tricks… But I got this text a few minutes ago pretending to be from UPS. I assume if you click the link it’s gonna take you to a fake UPS login and would allow them to get your login credentials. I think this is perfectly timed several days before they know everyone’s receiving their iPhones… And if they can get into your account, they will redirect your phone to hold it up. Pick up location. Be careful out there people!
This is a phishing scam. Ignore it. I've gotten multiple over the last month, even before the iPhone. So, it might not even be connected.

AbSoluTc

Contributor
Sep 21, 2008
View attachment 2270674 I don’t think anyone here on this forum would fall for these tricks… But I got this text a few minutes ago pretending to be from UPS. I assume if you click the link it’s gonna take you to a fake UPS login and would allow them to get your login credentials. I think this is perfectly timed several days before they know everyone’s receiving their iPhones… And if they can get into your account, they will redirect your phone to hold it up. Pick up location. Be careful out there people!

You know how to tell this is a scam? The USPS would not wish ANYONE a wonderful day.

debsirin

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2023
Does anyone know if we’ll be able to track our UPS truck when it’s out for delivery? I live in an apartment complex and UPS usually delivers packages to an Amazon locker in the complex. I’d like to be ready to not leave them in there haha
No, there is no Package Car tracking functionality on the end-consumer side. While package car drivers are given a planned route with each stop pre-determined, there is no way for you, the consignee, to see where your driver happens to be at any given point in time.

All you really have is the various service commitment times for the various service levels they offer (ie Next Day Air, Next Day Saver, etc) to fall back on.

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Good morning friends! I have a bunch of pages to catch-up. However, I wanted to share that I have an out of town friend who wants to meet for dinner and drinks on Friday with a couple of other friends. I told her that's fine, but I can't stay out too late since I need to setup my new iPhone (in a group chat). It's funny because all my friends weren't surprised 🤣. Originally, we were all going to meet today (which I was very supportive of), but she suggested Friday as a backup date. Today she asks us if we can do Friday and my heart dropped. I just don't want to wait!!

My partner promised he won't open his iPhone until I get home and then we'll set them up together. I'm going to be super jealous of everyone opening up their iPhones during the day while I'm at work and my iPhone 15 Pro is on a UPS truck in Brooklyn all day.

LogicalApex

macrumors 65816
Nov 13, 2015
PA, USA
No, there is no Package Car tracking functionality on the end-consumer side. While package car drivers are given a planned route with each stop pre-determined, there is no way for you, the consignee, to see where your driver happens to be at any given point in time.

All you really have is the various service commitment times for the various service levels they offer (ie Next Day Air, Next Day Saver, etc) to fall back on.
Not accurate in the US.

You can see where your driver is on the map as they get close to your deliver location. It is very accurate as I have used it to visit the UPS truck to intercept a delivery if I know I need to leave and the driver is close by (or I get impatient).

jeremz1ne

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2023
Reno,Nv

Didnt UPS used to have a thing where you could see where you're driver was like. few years ago?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.