Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

jeremz1ne

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2023
Reno,Nv
Not accurate in the US.

You can see where your driver is on the map as they get close to your deliver location. It is very accurate as I have used it to visit the UPS truck to intercept a delivery if I know I need to leave and the driver is close by (or I get impatient).
i thought i remembered something along those lines

Reactions: Wolfs

HeyMazza

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2022
Baltimore, MD
Not accurate in the US.

You can see where your driver is on the map as they get close to your deliver location. It is very accurate as I have used it to visit the UPS truck to intercept a delivery if I know I need to leave and the driver is close by (or I get impatient).

This! ^^

I also have had the experience to see when my truck driver is like 5-10 stops away. It's cool and neat, but I heard that drivers have mixed feelings about this.

tdronski

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2014
Has anyone been able to change their delivery to be held at their local UPS hub? I usually do this as its faster than waiting for UPS to drop off, but I'm not getting the option on UPS MyChoice

Reactions: funktofunk

Stratus Fear

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2008
Atlanta, GA

Flight Tracking Update - 10:40AM CDT

Those Still In China

So this is probably the last hope for those wanting a delivery date on Friday and are still in Zhengzhou. I'll translate this all into Eastern time to make it easier.

UPS173 | CGO-ICN | Depart: 9/21 4:45AM EDT | Arrive: 9/21 6:30AM EDT
UPS99 | ICN-ANC | Depart: 9/21 9:00AM EDT | Arrive: 9/21 4:00PM EDT
UPS99 | ANC-SDF | Depart: 9/21 7:00PM EDT | Arrive: 9/22 12:15AM EDT

That may give enough time to clear the import scan and then get sorted. They will then meet the others and go to their final destination around the 2-5AM hour. It is possible, but it will be tight.

Here’s hoping. Mine was an :03 launch day order, “delivers 9/22.” With others who had been promised sometime in October and getting moved up, it’s a little baffling to me that mine is still sitting there. I’m going out of town the next day, it’s not great to think my phone could be sitting in the UPS hub for several days on vacation hold because of this.

bigjnyc

macrumors G3
Apr 10, 2008
Good morning friends! I have a bunch of pages to catch-up. However, I wanted to share that I have an out of town friend who wants to meet for dinner and drinks on Friday with a couple of other friends. I told her that's fine, but I can't stay out too late since I need to setup my new iPhone (in a group chat). It's funny because all my friends weren't surprised 🤣. Originally, we were all going to meet today (which I was very supportive of), but she suggested Friday as a backup date. Today she asks us if we can do Friday and my heart dropped. I just don't want to wait!!

My partner promised he won't open his iPhone until I get home and then we'll set them up together. I'm going to be super jealous of everyone opening up their iPhones during the day while I'm at work and my iPhone 15 Pro is on a UPS truck in Brooklyn all day.
Don't let an electronic device get in the way of socializing with friends and having real life experiences... I won't be able to set up my phone till Sunday because I have dinner plans on Friday and an outing all day Saturday. It's no big deal, the phone will be there waiting for me lol.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Mixed info here. Some say you can't (can confirm you cannot right now). Someone says you can once it shows as "shipped" at Apple.

So, who knows at this point. You will know tomorrow.
Nobody knows for sure yet this year. Check back tomorrow.

Just watched the iJustine review video. I give her props for getting a manicure before the hand closeups.

LogicalApex

macrumors 65816
Nov 13, 2015
PA, USA
This! ^^

I also have had the experience to see when my truck driver is like 5-10 stops away. It's cool and neat, but I heard that drivers have mixed feelings about this.

Probably annoying have someone pop up and ask for their package like I have done a few times. They are always professional though and I treat them with respect. I also reserve it for actual times I am going to have to step out when they are almost there.

I am sure the concerns for drivers have are mostly with the fact UPS corporate can track them with fine detail and less about us.

Reactions: HeyMazza and Wolfs

JaisHTX

Contributor
Sep 22, 2004
Texas
This! ^^

Well yeah -- I doubt they want to be slowed down by some inconsiderate person that can't wait an extra 15 mins to get their delivery. I mean, they have everything organized per their route, and have to stop what they're doing, and then moved everything around to accommodate said person -- which then delays everyone else getting their deliveries on-time. I wouldn't mind them getting rid of that feature.

AbSoluTc

Contributor
Sep 21, 2008
Not accurate in the US.

Has to be regional. I get packages delivered daily by UPS and never seen that. I remember it from years back but it hasn't been a thing here for a long time

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
View attachment 2270674 I don’t think anyone here on this forum would fall for these tricks… But I got this text a few minutes ago pretending to be from UPS. I assume if you click the link it’s gonna take you to a fake UPS login and would allow them to get your login credentials. I think this is perfectly timed several days before they know everyone’s receiving their iPhones… And if they can get into your account, they will redirect your phone to hold it up. Pick up location. Be careful out there people!
That’s pretending to be USPS (not UPS).

The irony of the scam is USPS knowing your phone number but not your address.

LogicalApex

macrumors 65816
Nov 13, 2015
PA, USA
Here’s hoping. Mine was an :03 launch day order, “delivers 9/22.” With others who had been promised sometime in October and getting moved up, it’s a little baffling to me that mine is still sitting there. I’m going out of town the next day, it’s not great to think my phone could be sitting in the UPS hub for several days on vacation hold because of this.

I mean it is possible you fell through the cracks, but I wouldn’t think that until Friday.

UPS has “master tracking numbers” that are scanned for pallets and for things like trucks and etc. That helps them to not have to scan every single package on a tractor trailer when they aren’t emptying that trailer at a given stop.

Once they break down the pallets at world port they’ll start getting actual individual package scans. As they move to their final sort hubs. Many get scans then that it just magically started at world port.

You might be one of those people.

bmustaf

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
Telluride, CO
No, there is no Package Car tracking functionality on the end-consumer side. While package car drivers are given a planned route with each stop pre-determined, there is no way for you, the consignee, to see where your driver happens to be at any given point in time.

All you really have is the various service commitment times for the various service levels they offer (ie Next Day Air, Next Day Saver, etc) to fall back on.
There is every once in while, for a few years now. "Follow your delivery on a live map", and it's actually pretty close to near real time (yes, intentionally redundant statements there :)).

Day of delivery, you get an email and even a link in MyChoice tracking every once in a while. Unsure what the criteria are for providing that, no real pattern I've found.

Stratus Fear

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I mean it is possible you fell through the cracks, but I wouldn’t think that until Friday.

UPS has “master tracking numbers” that are scanned for pallets and for things like trucks and etc. That helps them to not have to scan every single package on a tractor trailer when they aren’t emptying that trailer at a given stop.

Once they break down the pallets at world port they’ll start getting actual individual package scans. As they move to their final sort hubs. Many get scans then that it just magically started at world port.

You might be one of those people.

Hopefully! I know missed scans do happen for some people, hadn’t experienced it myself in the past though.

HDJulie

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 13, 2008
Little Rock, AR

Flight Tracking Update - 10:40AM CDT

Those Still In China

So this is probably the last hope for those wanting a delivery date on Friday and are still in Zhengzhou. I'll translate this all into Eastern time to make it easier.

UPS173 | CGO-ICN | Depart: 9/21 4:45AM EDT | Arrive: 9/21 6:30AM EDT
UPS99 | ICN-ANC | Depart: 9/21 9:00AM EDT | Arrive: 9/21 4:00PM EDT
UPS99 | ANC-SDF | Depart: 9/21 7:00PM EDT | Arrive: 9/22 12:15AM EDT

That may give enough time to clear the import scan and then get sorted. They will then meet the others and go to their final destination around the 2-5AM hour. It is possible, but it will be tight.

Those Still Without Scan Updates In Anchorage

Not sure what is going on there, but there is still time to make it if you are stuck there. There could just be missing scans though.
Will be interesting if a weather delay a day ago results in them missing a deadline 3 days later. There wasn't that much of a weather delay

DcGamer05

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
Litchfield CT
Good morning friends! I have a bunch of pages to catch-up. However, I wanted to share that I have an out of town friend who wants to meet for dinner and drinks on Friday with a couple of other friends. I told her that's fine, but I can't stay out too late since I need to setup my new iPhone (in a group chat). It's funny because all my friends weren't surprised 🤣. Originally, we were all going to meet today (which I was very supportive of), but she suggested Friday as a backup date. Today she asks us if we can do Friday and my heart dropped. I just don't want to wait!!

My partner promised he won't open his iPhone until I get home and then we'll set them up together. I'm going to be super jealous of everyone opening up their iPhones during the day while I'm at work and my iPhone 15 Pro is on a UPS truck in Brooklyn all day.
Friends aren’t here forever believe me. Your iPhone will be.

LogicalApex

macrumors 65816
Nov 13, 2015
PA, USA
Has to be regional. I get packages delivered daily by UPS and never seen that. I remember it from years back but it hasn't been a thing here for a long time
What I have noticed that has changed from the past.

UPS used to allow you to track the truck all day long. So I would see it leave the UPS hub near me and etc. FedEx still does it this way for me.

Now UPS only shows it a bit before their estimated delivery time then a little bit after if still not delivered. Then it goes away and the button just isn’t shown.

So if you are checking outside of that window it will look like the feature doesn’t exist anymore.

Alectric

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2009
Has anyone been able to change their delivery to be held at their local UPS hub? I usually do this as its faster than waiting for UPS to drop off, but I'm not getting the option on UPS MyChoice
I have the same question. Anyone?

montanaco

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2016
Lmao my ups updated again and no longer shows 9/22 just “will update soon.”

I even had my time frame of 12pm-4pm so not sure what’s going on. I think Apple just wanted to lift my spirits and crush them 🤣

• Sad
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.