Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Moment he mentioned the call from Apple PR saying take the video down with the dummy unit and he tried to justify their position as unreasonable because the video itself didn't actually contain anything saying he did I instantly lost sympathy.

Not to say I fully back Apple either, but it just goes to show my issue with Youtube and youtubers overall. The thumbnail in the video having the dummy units is incredibly clickbaity and deceiving as hell. I can see why Apple wanted that video taken down or very least thumbnail changed. Before youtubers or their defenders come in going, " BUT THAT IS HOW THEY GET CLICKS!", I don't care. If your content relies on deception, then you're not worth watching. You're not genuine, therefore not trustworthy.
And trust is everything

Who else is excited to see this on their new iPhone on Friday?

It would be nice to see and compare the Manufacture dates.

IMG_3538.jpeg

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009
Thanks for that, @MrENGLISH. Still 3 minutes of my life I will never get back. 😂

Seems like somebody’s ego took a hit as he’s not as important as he thinks he is, and didn’t like being told “No”.
yeah it's like... nothing he said about Apple is surprising at all. He also dragged it out for over 10 minutes just to satisfy the algorithm and ad revenue. 🤮

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
Just signed up for My Choice and lo and behold, there it is! I did authorize shipment release through My Choice to avoid having to sign and it looks like it went through - do they respect that even for phone deliveries?
Yes, they should. Also, when the tracking finally shows up on Apple, they let you print a form that lets you sign and put on your door to leave the package at your house if you're not there. At least they had this option last year.

bmustaf

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
Telluride, CO
Yeah, generally speaking UPS is still running a pretty great operation in Commerce City (both air and ground sort for nearly anything delivered in the state, although Grand Junction will occasionally do some sort for us Western Slope yokels for Ground packages when the situation is just right [e.g. the feeder is from SLC and actually stops in Junction] so it never hits the Frange), but FedEx (esp Ground) is just a hot mess.

The Henderson facility just north of Denver (FedEx Ground sort for anything in the state, even Western Slope ) is horribly understaffed, and chronically so. Very regularly they cannot process incoming trailers in time, and it isn't physical volume issues, the facilities are big enough, just not enough people willing to work for a company that, to use a friend's parlance who left FedEx for UPS recently "cares more about fueling Freddie's planes and yachts than actually delivering for customers or employees" (take that as what it is: one ex-FedEx employee's quote, that's all), they also rely on a very, very tight air ops schedule for Western Slope service for air services: it's a single 757 that makes a stop in the Springs and continues to Junction, where it doesn't arrive until about 8AM if all goes well, and so that means, unload & sort better be perfect b/c those boxes have a 1hr drive to Montrose, where there's final sort & load, and then everything has to be perfect after that because those trucks aren't leaving until 1030AM anyway.

And, oh, all this is happening at anywhere between 6000ft up to 10000ft elevation in the San Juan mountains, in the winter, too, so, well, you can imagine how this system is basically set up to fail if you even look at it sideways even under ideal conditions, let alone short handed.

You probably have a (bit) better in the Front Range in general just out of pure density & the physics of distance/space being more favorable in that (and labor wise you might have less of an issue), but they still can't figure out that Henderson operation for Ground and their Air ops in Denver/the Frange are probably OK b/c they don't hit the same Henderson sort that is a **** show, it's been a disaster for a few year now, but when they're not willing to keep up with UPS or Amazon's pay for the actual people doing the actual service work, well, I am not surprised...

I’m on the front range, I didn’t know they were having such issues. Good to know for future service.

Last edited:

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
of course they wouldn't play with your phone...look at your sig. Just a girl 'tracking jets and taking names'. That would of course make me ensure that your phone got on whatever plane was headed your way.
Whenever the iPhone jet uses the southern approach to KDEN I am definitely outside watching for them. I then expect a scan in a timely manner. I don’t play, either 😂

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
So what you are telling me is I didn’t miss anything 🙂
He got blacklisted because Apple is pretty strict about enforcing their image via the journalists and media people.

It started because he had video of dummy units and was using the dummy units in thumbnails, and Apple sent a correspondence to take them down, so he did. He agreed with Apple that using images of the dummy units could mislead people into thinking he had units to review before anyone else did.

Then he got one bad Xr after another so he mentioned the problems he had with them in his videos. That got Apple PR incensed that he told about it rather than let them fix the issue. So they blacklisted him. He says there wasnt really any communication other than Apple PR scolding him.

md1801

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
St. Louis, MO
I just had four additional tracking numbers populate in UPS. All shipments coming from AI. All four shipments originating stateside this tracks with what has been mentioned before as I expect these packages are the non-pro phones ordered for the rest of my team. My Pro Max is at the world hub in Louisville. I’m not sure when these populated, but I just noticed within the last few minutes that they had appeared.

My iPhone has a label for ups finally in mychoice!! Woohoo I can follow along again!! Must have been in the states the entire time. Check your regular 15s to see if you have shipping info now :)
Woo hoo! It's about time. Let us know where exactly your iPhone is coming from. Join us :)

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Whenever the iPhone jet uses the southern approach to KDEN I am definitely outside watching for them. I then expect a scan in a timely manner. I don’t play, either 😂

This may be the time for me to say that most airports that UPS serves either has a LiveATC feed or a YT livestream of the airport.. just for those that want to... "make sure" your iPhone arrives. 😁

BL.

WaitingForGuacamole

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2021
The international Date line makes these things appear out of order but also you can get a customs scan in Louisville before it lands in the US so it would show up as Louisville then Korea before landing finally in the US

And... UPS may have noticed your phone is defective and is proactively returning it to ZhengZhou for replacement... now THAT'S service!

GeneticBloom

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
California
Just signed up for My Choice and lo and behold, there it is! I did authorize shipment release through My Choice to avoid having to sign and it looks like it went through - do they respect that even for phone deliveries?
I wonder this too. I pre-signed for my iPhone 12 delivery and the UPS guy still rang my doorbell. I specifically signed because I was doing interviews that day, so I had to stop and go get him because he rang it like 4 times lol. I'm glad he didn't leave but I'm hoping they'll just leave it this time, because my wife has calls that day and might not be able to meet the UPS driver, and I will be at work.

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
Who else is excited to see this on their new iPhone on Friday?

It would be nice to see and compare the Manufacture dates.

View attachment 2270766

I love this and i no longer will rely on coconut battery app on my Macbook. Still sucks its only on the 15’s currently.

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
This may be the time for me to say that most airports that UPS serves either has a LiveATC feed or a YT livestream of the airport.. just for those that want to... "make sure" your iPhone arrives. 😁

BL.

Until you hear the UPS flight saying, " Tower a cargo door appears to have opened and see boxes falling out"

Tower, " Are you declaring?"

UPS Flight, " Nah, they are just iPhone's, nothing important being lost"

Tower, " Agreed. Cleared to land"

;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.