Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Yeah, generally speaking UPS is still running a pretty great operation in Commerce City (both air and ground sort for nearly anything delivered in the state, although Grand Junction will occasionally do some sort for us Western Slope yokels for Ground packages when the situation is just right [e.g. the feeder is from SLC and actually stops in Junction] so it never hits the Frange), but FedEx is just a hot mess.

The Henderson facility just north of Denver (FedEx Ground sort for anything in the state, even Western Slope ) is horribly understaffed, and chronically so. Very regularly they cannot process incoming trailers in time, and it isn't physical volume issues, the facilities are big enough, just not enough people willing to work for a company that, to use a friend's parlance who left FedEx for UPS recently "cares more about fueling Freddie's planes and yachts than actually delivering for customers or employees" (take that as what it is: one ex-FedEx employee's quote, that's all), they also rely on a very, very tight air ops schedule for Western Slope service for air services: it's a single 757 that makes a stop in the Springs and continues to Junction, where it doesn't arrive until about 8AM if all goes well, and so that means, unload & sort better be perfect b/c those boxes have a 1hr drive to Montrose, where there's final sort & load, and then everything has to be perfect after that because those trucks aren't leaving until 1030AM anyway.

And, oh, all this is happening at anywhere between 6000ft up to 10000ft elevation in the San Juan mountains, in the winter, too, so, well, you can imagine how this system is basically set up to fail if you even look at it sideways even under ideal conditions, let alone short handed.

You probably have a (bit) better in the Front Range just out of pure density & the physics of distance/space being more favorable in that (and labor wise you might have less of an issue), but they still can't figure out that Henderson operation, it's been a disaster for a few year now, but when they're not willing to keep up with UPS or Amazon's pay for the actual people doing the actual service work, well, I am not surprised...
I was just going to say it must be crazy with all the various microclimates we have in the state, and especially between you and COS. You guys are lucky to get anything at all at certain times of the year. The beauty of Telluride makes it all worth it, no doubt.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Have you tried switching to dark mode?
Yep I’ve been in dark mode the entire time. I’m switching between my S22 Ultra whose screen doesn’t seem to ever give me any problems and my iPhone. I think what I really need to do is get over to the store later today and get more eye drops. My eyes are dry and that’s not helping.

Reactions: Wolfs

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009

Cayden

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2014
Utah
My iPhone has a label for ups finally in mychoice!! Woohoo I can follow along again!! Must have been in the states the entire time. Check your regular 15s to see if you have shipping info now :)
Are things showing up for you when tracking by reference? MyChoice hasn’t been working for my address, but I’m still not seeing anything when tracking by reference yet

Cavefishes

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2021
I wonder this too. I pre-signed for my iPhone 12 delivery and the UPS guy still rang my doorbell. I specifically signed because I was doing interviews that day, so I had to stop and go get him because he rang it like 4 times lol. I'm glad he didn't leave but I'm hoping they'll just leave it this time, because my wife has calls that day and might not be able to meet the UPS driver, and I will be at work.
I'm planning to WFH until it gets delivered just in case ahaha

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
May be off topic, but I just wanted to shoutout everyone in this thread. This is definitely the most civil, and respectful thread on MR.
This is besides the point, but I am going through a rough divorce right now, and ever since this thread has populated, it has brought me as much happiness as possible, so thank you, everyone. And thanks for coming to my ted talk. Now, back to apple/tech things 😝
I’m so sorry it’s such a rough time for you right now and I wish you all the best.

I think whatever mental and emotional loads any of us have been carrying, this thread has been just such a wonderful opportunity to give and receive kindness and humor and joy.

And that’s what it’s all about, really. Getting to share in the fun of the new shiny things is really at the core of this thread and not material greed over the actual shiny things themselves. Lol though not gonna lie, that’s fun, too! 🤣

Much love and respect to you all!

lesliegolf

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2008
Southern California
TL;DR The UPS app lists longer redelivery dates than the website.

This read ehhhh but I promise you I am a happy "kid" today and the days all the previous muck happened.

I have been snakebit with iPhones on delivery day for the past three years.

Two years ago, my phone was one of over 50 stolen at a UPS center.

Last year, I was told I was not eligible to upgrade my iPhone even though I was paying for a year of payments with Citizens. It took too long to find out that the ID for my replacement iPhone was never applied to my loan. I missed release day and had to sell the phone to a friend and start the program again.

This year, I thought the third time was the charm, but it's all my fault this time around. I pre-selected a store in the state where I would be on release day but was ordering so quickly that I did not choose in-store pickup. It's being sent to my house, and I will not be there for ages.

This year, I have been told that people who ordered iPhones that use ATT cannot change the delivery address. Apple cannot, either. Their screen to change the delivery address is greyed out. Even though I ordered from the Apple Website using the Apple IUP.

I also have been told by UPS one delivery attempt must be made at my home before an address change is initiated. This differs from what Apple said, so I honestly am not sure what to believe. Apple initiated a case requesting an address change at the carrier because they could not change it themselves.

I am enrolled in the $ 20-a-year My Choice.

On a web browser logged into my UPS account, it will allow me to extend my delivery a week.

On the app, it's allowing me to extend it two weeks.

I have not clicked on the two-week choice, well, either choice, because I am hoping at some point, Apple's request for an address change is applied, and they will bypass the first delivery attempt at home. If not, I will try extending the delivery by two weeks when I will be home for a day.

But, if they do not and you are concerned about not being around for your iPhone you might be able to extend the delivery window in the app vs the website.

May your iPhone deliveries be going much more swimmingly than mine 😃

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.