Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
@Samantha124 This looks very nice. It's as white as veneers. WOW!!!
giphy.gif

This is actually pretty cool. What exactly does this mean?

1695246030721.png

Also, notice how it states Super Fast Charging (25W). I don't care for fast charging because I like to charge my iPhone overnight while I'm asleep. Why?

Optimize Charging kicks in and all the indexing takes in place. I carry a lot of photos and it takes hours to complete syncing.

IMG_3556.jpeg

Last edited:

Lex404

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2023
PL (&US, JP)
Okay I've just had the opposite thing happen, the pending charges on my card from Apple have disappeared completely. Should I be worried?
I wouldn't worry in that case.

Depends by bank, apple puts a hold on the transaction and if they don't confirm it within the bank policy timeframe (5-14 days), the bank will release the hold. But apple still has the rights to take the money.

This happens more often than you think. I'd say to me, this happens with every transit system (London, NYC) where they put the charge on hold, it disappears, then they come a week later and take the money for real. I think this happens a lot with offline systems and card-not-present transactions (what apple store is actually doing, cos we're giving them the card number but the charge is done offline at a later timestamp, and this sucks if you have european cards cos here banks only like to have all online transactions approved in app, and the card not present don't get a request for approval). I had similar issues with Hawaiian few years ago cos they were processing cards only the american way, and my european card didn't like that at all. had to fight with the bank to let them do a (what the bank considered) very unsecure transaction.

ps. my bank says: unclaimed funds will be automatically reverted on 06 Oct. Aka, if apple doesn't accept it on their side.

Sadly, insufficient watts for @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ 5w requirements.

"Unfortunately, when charging another device with an ‌iPhone 15‌, the charge is limited to 4.5W. That's appropriate for small devices like the Apple Watch, but it's not going to provide much power for an ‌iPhone‌, so expect slow charging speeds when using ‌iPhone‌ to ‌iPhone‌ charging functionality."

Let's be real. Who really wants to charge an iPhone to another iPhone. This even sounds weird. Why is it 4.5W? Slow Charging?

FunkyTang

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2008
Random question. I REALLY don't want a clear case with the "question mark" on the back for MagSafe. What do you think the likelihood that a really thin case (like a Peel or Totalee) will still be able to mount to MagSafe stand?
I have the Peel MagSafe case on my 12Pro. It has a good magnet.

For my 15Pro I may switch to Torras MagSafe since Torras has a blue MagSafe case now and Peel does not.

bigjnyc

macrumors G3
Apr 10, 2008
Let's be real. Who really wants to charge an iPhone to another iPhone. This even sounds weird. Why is it 4.5W? Slow Charging?
It’s weird until you’re out one night and your phone is down to 1% and your friend can give you some charge….. but then again who walks around with a usb c cable for such a situation? Ok fine you’re right it’s just weird lol

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Sadly, insufficient watts for @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ 5w requirements.

"Unfortunately, when charging another device with an ‌iPhone 15‌, the charge is limited to 4.5W. That's appropriate for small devices like the Apple Watch, but it's not going to provide much power for an ‌iPhone‌, so expect slow charging speeds when using ‌iPhone‌ to ‌iPhone‌ charging functionality."

And away we go on the next round

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.