Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

MegaBlue

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2022
Tennessee, United States
These seem to be shipping from the states, so expect to see some movement today or tomorrow.
That’s what I was thinking too. Apple has a few centers I’ve had them overnight me stuff from before, so I’ve told him it’s very likely it’s coming out of one of those close hubs.

I told him he should’ve just done pickup like me and I would get it for him, but nope!

Reactions: POWERPLANTHOMER
Anyone still have a Friday delivery date but no shipping status yet?

My boyfriend ordered a 15 Plus and has the hold on his card, but no update to the order status yet, still with a Sep. 22 date. Curious if any others see something similar? I’m thinking it’ll ship tomorrow, but we’ll see.
All iPhone 15 & iPhone 15 Plus models are coming from US states side. Expect an update tomorrow. Apple will overnight the iPhone to you.

bhall110

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
Anyone still have a Friday delivery date but no shipping status yet?

My boyfriend ordered a 15 Plus and has the hold on his card, but no update to the order status yet, still with a Sep. 22 date. Curious if any others see something similar? I’m thinking it’ll ship tomorrow, but we’ll see.
If you check UPS via reference number (directions on page one of this thread) you should see something. You wont be able to track it but you will be able to see that you have a package incoming.

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
Perfect for a 3000 nits Ultra 2.

Rain runs with the Ultra 1 are great, only flaw is get soaked in a downpour and it becomes hard to maneuver the screen or phantom gestures strike. I wonder if they addressed this with AWU2. Is this a coating issue or just how water and watch screens operate?

IMG_1085.jpeg

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
I know I can probably find this online, but if you setup as a new iPhone are you restoring all your messages and photos via iCloud? Or is it completely empty? I know setting up as a new iPhone is the "best", but it takes longer! (also I'm several pages and hours behind).
I’m sorry I’m just now responding to this. If you restore from backup, everything from iCloud should be there

farmkittie

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2013
My Bellroy leather case for my 15 Pro just arrived. It's very nice and is similar to the Apple leather case. $55 and puts the FineWoven to shame. The Bellroy case is on the left and FineWoven on the right. The edges are the same color - just the camera making them look brighter. Hope it fits and works as well as the Apple cases.

View attachment 2271002 View attachment 2271000
I'm not crazy about the Bellroy color. I like dark navy not cobalt blue. I found a dark navy calf leather folio case by Lucrin of Geneva Switzerland. It's $349!!! I drool but do not buy. Lucrin navy blue calf leather folio

ATX_wapiti

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2021
Austin, TX
That’s what I was thinking too. Apple has a few centers I’ve had them overnight me stuff from before, so I’ve told him it’s very likely it’s coming out of one of those close hubs.

I told him he should’ve just done pickup like me and I would get it for him, but nope!
Yeah, it seems like this year Apple had the non-pro models produced in advance of pre-orders and then shipped them to the US to push out from their distribution facilities. The same things seems to be happening with Apple Watch orders. Supply and production was much tighter on the Pro models, so those have been rolling directly out of China like normal.

bhall110

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
Rain runs with the Ultra 1 are great, only flaw is get soaked in a downpour and it becomes hard to maneuver the screen or phantom gestures strike. I wonder if they addressed this with AWU2. Is this a coating issue or just how water and watch screens operate?

View attachment 2271287
I donot think this will be any different in the AWU2 I put mine in water mode to avoid phantom touches.

zach-coleman

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2022
Seattle, Washington
Has anyone seen in any of the review content if ringer is finally something that can be modified by focus modes or a Siri shortcut now that it isn’t suck to a switch? I need my dream scenario of being able to have ringer enable when I come home and turn off when I leave with zero manual input! :p

Reactions: applestuffandthings

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
If you set up as new, it will bring in the above items and others via iCloud Sync. I set up as new every year as a form of "fall cleaning" and I've realized, I dont collect any junk on my phone anymore.

The only pain I have setting up from new is over 30 2FA logins I need to update which take 3-5 minutes depending on the site/service but for the most part I've gotten it down to about an hour if I just focus and hash it out.

I use to Restore from iCloud for awhile there but I started setting up as new from iPhone 12 and my experience has gotten much better. Im not bringing old cruft with me that can cause issues and ends up using storage space I would rather have it not.
I use Authy for work (2FA) can I just login to my Authy account and all my accounts will be there? Oh god, I don't want to re-setup all of these 2FA accounts via QR code etc.:confused:

thatJohann

macrumors 68000
Jul 5, 2013
NYC
All these previews have me real concerned about the 15 Pro’s battery life. Even the 15 Pro Max seems to be average at best with battery life so I’m thinking I might switch to the Pro Max cause I can’t go another year with bad battery like I did with the 14 Pro

Reactions: xxray and Wolfs
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.