Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
You are welcome! Glad to see you here. How's everything going with you? Please do not pick up your iPhone at the Apple store. I want you to have to delivered at home.

Wait why not pickup at Apple Store? I've never done a store pickup before but I wanted to do that for my next iPhone (no waiting for late 8pm UPS delivery and you get to check out accessories in store).

Also has anyone ever utilized store pickup and exchanged for a different color at collection time?

Reactions: a83859372
Hello everyone! I’m SO excited to be back and participating in, what I feel is, the happiest thread on the internet. I’ve just finished finalizing the pre-order for the pre-order (?) for a 128GB 15 Pro in the beautiful Natural Titanium finish! I’m a little sad that they’re pushing carrier deals so heavily this year, I’ve been on MVNOs with unlocked phones years and I used the Apple Card financing to buy my unlocked iPhones in the past...

I unintentionally sold my 14 Pro today. Picked up a SE 3 and … let’s just say I’m struggling. The 15 Pro can’t come fast enough!
Welcome back! So excited to have you here. I'm very sorry with what had happened here. Please forgive me. Hopefully you are back soon.

smirking

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Silicon Valley
I encourage everyone here to not upgrade... so I can procrastinate about upgrading and still get a phone on Monday when I finally get around to it.

Why procrastinate then, you ask? If I could answer that I wouldn't be procrastinating.

If there's any left for me, I'm getting a 256GB 15 Pro in titanium blue. The 5x zoom of the Pro Max is enticing, but I don't want a phone that large and being a serious photographer, I don't think I'll be that impressed with the difference between 3x and 5x in a phone lens.

I'd even drop down to a regular iPhone 15, but I want the better battery life of the Pro.

Last edited:

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
Got my case today!

IMG_2199.jpeg

chasers

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2011
I’ve only used 112.1GB out of 512GB, so I’ll definitely be sticking with that storage again.

I usually pre-order that one, but last year I had a difficult time and the 512GB were sold out. Only model they had in my area was the 1TB Purple 14PM. I'd had to wait until the end of Oct for a phone 😕

Reactions: StaceyMJ86

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
That would‘ve been overkill for me. I’m not even using half of my 512GB.

Same, I'm using around 226GB of my 512GB storage. I did some phone cleanup today by removing big apps I don't use and finally deduping lossless albums I have downloaded on both Tidal and Apple Music (I switched to Apple Music recently). I used to be hovering in the 350GB range prior to the cleanup.

iCloud Photos is doing a ton of heavy lifting here because if I chose to keep my entire photo library on device I would probably be using up all of my space, heck maybe I would need the 1TB version to do that. The good news is I have a ton more room to download more albums and maybe a couple movies for when I need emergency offline entertainment 😂

IMG_8201.jpeg

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
I encourage everyone here to not upgrade... so I can procrastinate about upgrading and still get a phone on Monday when I finally get around to it.

Why procrastinate, then you ask? I don't know. If I could answer that I wouldn't be procrastinating.

If there's any left for me, I'm getting a 256GB 15 Pro in titanium blue. The 5x zoom of the Pro Max is enticing, but I don't want a phone that large and being a serious photographer, I don't think I'll be that impressed with the difference between 3x and 5x in a phone lens.

I'd even drop down to a regular iPhone 15, but I want the better battery life of the Pro.

Everyone needs to know I've heard a rumor about 256GB Blue 15 Pros having a huge issue with their memory and camera. Please nobody buy that phone, it's dangerous. I heard the rumor might get cleared up on Tuesday ;)

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Everyone needs to know I've heard a rumor about 256GB Blue 15 Pros having a huge issue with their memory and camera. Please nobody buy that phone, it's dangerous. I heard the rumor might get cleared up on Tuesday ;)
That reminds me, I heard the natural titanium has an issue with the color flaking off. Specifically the 512gb model Pro Max. I say this because I care and I want to look out for everyone. So please, avoid this specific model if you could.

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
That reminds me, I heard the natural titanium has an issue with the color flaking off. Specifically the 512gb model Pro Max. I say this because I care and I want to look out for everyone. So please, avoid this specific model if you could.

Absolutely, I heard about this rumor too. That model specifically. Not that I would care since I'm not getting one... But if I were that would be the exact model

I love when this community selflessly looks out for others interests!

vertsix

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2015
Texas
Top-secret workaround to get ACMI without T-Mobile, Verizon and AT&T: Purchase iPhone unlocked as one-time payment with Apple Card then contact Goldman Sachs to convert over to Monthly Installments. Many people have confirmed this works including myself by asking Goldman Sachs directly.

Keep this low-key though. Shh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.