Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Still rocking the leather MagSafe wallet, nice! They'll have to take it out of my cold dead hands.

I actually might buy a new one in case my current one wears down lol

Same. I actually ordered a new Umber leather wallet from Target lol before all the leather is gone for good ...so it'll be a natty titanium, cypress, umber day 1 combo..so hyped for it.

Reactions: dannyyankou

BreakingKayfabe

Suspended
Oct 22, 2020
Southern Cal
@TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️
IMG_6131.png

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
I have a 9/22 delivery date but my order is still preparing for shipment. No chance it gets delivered Friday at this point right?
It's probably sitting in Kentucky with mine. Mine says preparing for shipment also, but tracking has it in Kentucky. Don't worry - your phone will make it.

Reactions: Wolfs and jeremz1ne

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Customs clearance is generally, for these kinds of services (e.g. custom direct distribution logistics from large carriers with very long standing and well integrated relationships with CBP/DHS) done electronically while goods are in possession of the carrier or in an FTZ (PANC...KSDF WorldPort....), and by the nature of the UI clearances occur in a location the package may or may not physically be in, too, so it's not "not real", it's actually being filed for the container/master tracking number/whatever's on that bill of lading, etc, but the clearance process is largely disconnected from physical inspection in nearly all cases for this stuff.
I realize this, but the times seems a bit weird. With the arrival time being 11:03 am on the 19th and the customs timestamp of 2:11 am on the same day, it just seems like a stretch.

dkinley

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2014
Now with the pick up orders when do they start going through the boxes to sort them out to tell people are ready for pick up that happens tonight or they start receiving the boxes tomorrow and sort them out at the stores if anyone's ever worked at the stores for launch day

Fantasigraphic

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
TN
Everyone's says that right now. They don't flip to Shipped status until they clear customs in Louisville sometime tomorrow. Get a few UPS MyChoice account, and you will likely be able to track it from China.
With my work Apple is electronically cleared customs before the planes even get to Anchorage, Memphis, or Indy hubs. I’d have to imagine UPS is setup the same way.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Same. I actually ordered a new Umber leather wallet from Target lol before all the leather is gone for good ...so it'll be a natty titanium, cypress, umber day 1 combo..so hyped for it.
There's a couple sellers on eBay that sell genuine apple products at low prices. Unfortunately though, it seems like it's hard to find ones with Find My because everyone's buying them up lol

repillows

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2023
Houston, TX
e5085b1d609081acfd3048f70ceb8b6a.jpg

I’ve got 3 UPS flights arriving into Houston Thursday middle of the night/early morning. Two from Louisville and one from Chicago and didn’t see any more arrivals scheduled ahead of time before delivery day. If that’s accurate, my iPhone should arrive early Thursday and have plenty of time together processed for delivery I assume very early Friday morning. Fingers crossed it’s delivered before I leave for the airport!

darinzook

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I got my Clay silicone case today....see my post a few pages back. It doesn't look ANYTHING like the color shown on the website. In real life, it's such a dark charcoal grey it's almost black. Very disappointing because I loved the color shown on the website.
Good to know.

If I don’t like it - storm blue will be a fallback option. That said, it seems like it’s going to match the Natural Titanium quite well.

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
It's been a complete emotional rollercoaster.

I usually don't get this hyped, but this time is the first time pre-ordering / buying at launch and it's also my birthday :))

Ya'll really thanks a lot, you're all amazing supportive folks.

The girl from the chat said she's escalating even if she can't really help, so thank to her too.
Yay!! I'm excited you got your order reinstated. Happy birthday!!! 🥳

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.