Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
As I’ve said a few days ago, logistics fascinate me. My wife’s phone was in Wave 1, mine in Wave 2. The Apple notification I posted earlier was for my phone. My import scan just posted as well. My wife’s phone is still waiting. I’m guessing it’s the LIFO (last in, first out) unloading order for the pallets containing the phones. Makes sense.

EDIT: Just got an Apple shipping notification for my wife’s phone. Her import scan should populate shortly.

IMG_4603.jpeg

darinzook

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Import scan at 8:33a. I believe I was part of Wave 1. (11:47a on 9/16 in ZZ).

The only downside - my delivery window was 12:30-4:15p now has shifted to Friday, Sept 22 by 7p. I suspected this would be the case - but disappointing nonetheless!

Reactions: SpecB
As I’ve said a few days ago, logistics fascinate me. My wife’s phone was in Wave 1, mine in Wave 2. The Apple notification I posted earlier was for my phone. My import scan just posted as well. My wife’s phone is still waiting. I’m guessing it’s the LIFO (last in, first out) unloading order for the pallets containing the phones. Makes sense. View attachment 2272163
I’m starting to think it is the LIFO.

bigjnyc

macrumors G3
Apr 10, 2008
Why apple this year!
No holds available?!?

"This option is not eligible due to restrictions placed on the package by the sender"
I think its due to a high number of thefts at the UPS centers the past 2 years and probably a lot of commotion and confusion with rabid apple fans wanting their phones, I mean just look at the desperation in this thread lol, now imagine that manifesting itself in person and directed at UPS employees.. I'm sure UPS complained and they came to an agreement with Apple.

rjruiz2

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2014
For those of you worrying about not being home when the iPhone arrives, you can download a form from the Apple Store order status page to pre-sign for it.

C9JSYoe.png
I don't have that option....yet? Mine hasn't had official import scan, maybe that's to do with it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.