Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Everyone is asleep...LOL!

giphy.gif
I was for sure in bed 10:30 AM. Long asleep by local time this posted @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️

Fanboy_

macrumors member
May 20, 2021
Can someone please jog my memory what time on launch day will the apple store allow order? I need to book one for the wife. totally forgot to pre-order for her ;)
also would it be wise to stand at the line or order in the early morning?
I live in Indianapolis so I don't expect a huge line outside the store but who knows!

Slowpc

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2013
Winston Salem NC
I think its due to a high number of thefts at the UPS centers the past 2 years and probably a lot of commotion and confusion with rabid apple fans wanting their phones, I mean just look at the desperation in this thread lol, now imagine that manifesting itself in person and directed at UPS employees.. I'm sure UPS complained and they came to an agreement with Apple.
Yeah I can see that at some locations but I would think if only allowed at customer centers then we would be fine. The delivery to an access center is the biggest problem. Guess I can cancel my my choice sub again.

ColdCase

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
NH
No shipping status email from Apple but I did get a notice on my phone to start setting up my new phone. :)

UPS tracking estimates delivery noon - 3PM Eastern tomorrow.

Don't see signature required, but will fill out the release form anyway.

WaitingForGuacamole

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2021
Oddly no import scan yet Apple sent a text saying my order has shipped.
Don't worry about the order in which these events are occurring. A notification from Apple to UPS, or UPS to Apple, doesn't mean that statuses update immediately, but they're scheduled to be updated... wheels within wheels (in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex... ok, name the song...)

Reactions: Wolfs
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.