Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
So is anyone else still irritated about the preorder time moving to 5am instead of 12am? Probably works better for east coast people but 12am is so comfortable because that's when I'm awake anyways šŸ¤£

Also 12am is when Friday officially begins for Apple HQ so it should be switched back for that reason alone!

Oh no. Having to wake up at 2am to order then couldn't go back to sleep right away because I was too excited. Been there, done with that. 7AM is perfect now.

sjsharksfan12

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2020
San Jose, CA
Iā€™ve always wondered the same thing - but could be videos too. I use 150 GB on my current 256 GB so going for the same. Itā€™s mostly music and photos/videos.

Yeah, I'm not really much of a picture taker. I use the phone almost like an Ipod still, mostly listening to music and podcasts and also the other stuff like internet browsing, sports notifications, or browsing the internet. I also am subscribed as a family to Microsoft 365 so that's where I put photos for cloud purposes. a TB of data just seems like a lot, and I was just wondering how people can get close to it.

In terms of App downloading, once I know the apps I download, I really don't download any more. Heck there are some apps I really never use.

Matt713

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2023
I tend to order one step up from the base storage. Last year I thought I would do mostly 48MP ProRAW photos but ended up staying with the 12MP option after the initial month. This time, I believe the default is now 24MP. I also went to more concerts than ever before which I took some 4Kat60fps videos. However I doubt I will attend this many next year. Third, I also download many Podcast and YouTube videos for offline playback.
I appreciate hearing your thoughts (and others) on storage. I took everyones suggestion and switched to 512GB.
My current mini is 256GB. I want to start taking more pictures/videos at the airport when at work. I plan to utilize 48MP ProRaw and 24MP.

Thanks everyone.

Reactions: minik

sjsharksfan12

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2020
San Jose, CA
I tend to order one step up from the base storage. Last year I thought I would do mostly 48MP ProRAW photos but ended up staying with the 12MP option after the initial month. This time, I believe the default is now 24MP. I also went to more concerts than ever before which I took some 4Kat60fps videos. However I doubt I will attend this many next year. Third, I also download many Podcast and YouTube videos for offline playback.

Thanks for sharing. Yeah Podcasts can add up if you don't listen to them right away. I just wanted to get an idea of how people use the storage they get.

Reactions: minik

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
if one is going for 15/15 Plus in pink I think this is a nice combo:
MT173_AV1

Quoting myself but this combo also looks like šŸ”„

Taupe wallet with mulberry woven + pink iPhone
1694746533311.png

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
It is 8pm Arizona Time. (We don't do that dumb Daylight Saving Time!). I work 12 hour shifts (But usually work 14 hours because I like money). I will wak at 3am to get to work and punch in by 4:30am. I will place my order via Apple Store app while at work. Good luck with your pre-orders! (iPhone 15 Pro Max, 256GB, Natural Titanium)

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Woah! 87% that's worst than mine. You must be using your iPhone a lot. What's your usage look like?
Hmm not sure how to check that, but Avg. Screen Active 5h 2m and Avg. Screen Idle 5h 12m for the past 10 days. I really don't think I'm using my iPhone 14 Pro more than my previous iPhone 13 Pro? I hope the 15 Pro is better for me! šŸ™

dstew201

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2016

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Me too. I have a 1TB and right now Iā€™m only using 50GB of it. šŸ„¹
I did that. I got the 1TB purple pro max. I planned to keep it 2-3 years and shoot some hi res stuff. But it turns out the few times I did, friends and family wanted the photos since they were prom and graduation photos, but the file sizes and type were not easy to share.

Meanwhile Iā€™m going through a lot of stuff life keeps throwing at me, that is keeping me from being able to sit down and edit all that stuff on my MacBook, not that I know how anyway. But I had all these great dreams of teaching myself how. Unfortunately Iā€™ve got other responsibilities right now.

So Iā€™m just doing basic snapshots so I can text them right away, no fuss, and no overloading my friendsā€™ phones. A lot of them are still on 64 gb iPhones from years ago.

cbcasas

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2017
Whatā€™s everyoneā€™s protocol for preordering? Opening the App Store on multiple devices? Multiple tabs on a laptop? Just using an iPhone?

Reactions: Brad7

lilj4425

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2007
Put in a preorder for iPhone 15 Pro Max blue 256GB. Moving up from a iPhone 12 Pro Max blue 512GB. I am currently only using 144GB of space on my 12 which is why I am downgrading the amount of space on the 15.

Reactions: Brad7
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.