Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

EW800

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2012
Does anyone know if doing the Apple “Get Ready” routine makes any difference at all as far as being able to order? Does it mean we don’t have to rush as much to order right at 5am like these orders are given any type of priority, or is it all in the same que? Thanks!

cswx

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
One of the many reasons i'm happy I don't live in Seattle (west coast) anymore. Don't have to wake up at 4:30am for the pre-order. Hoping to get the first local in store pick up slot as that seems to be the fastest.

Reactions: Whistler Mac

JFK1979

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2014
Denver, CO
Does anyone know if doing the Apple “Get Ready” routine makes any difference at all as far as being able to order? Does it mean we don’t have to rush as much to order right at 5am like these orders are given any type of priority, or is it all in the same que? Thanks!
There is no priority. It just saved you time selecting model color storage etc.

Last edited:

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I have a natural titanium pre-preorder set up and a blue one. They both reference the same iPhone 14 Pro max for trade in.

Should i delete one? Is having two of them going to mess me up? I’m only going to actually order one of them.

I just can’t make up my mind which color I want.

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
What’s everyone’s protocol for preordering? Opening the App Store on multiple devices? Multiple tabs on a laptop? Just using an iPhone?
In the past few years, I've been successful with the Apple Store app on my iPhone. I haven't even bothered with using my laptop or even mobile browser. You do have to keep refreshing at 8:00am as they don't always start on "time".

redbeard331

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009
Ok I’m a little confused here, I preordered on the Apple website, and got the email, and it shows up on their site that I’m all ready to go, but when I check the Apple Store app it doesn’t show up.

I really don’t want to miss the window at 5am, should I just order from safari or will it show up on the app by 5am?

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
Ok I’m a little confused here, I preordered on the Apple website, and got the email, and it shows up on their site that I’m all ready to go, but when I check the Apple Store app it doesn’t show up.

I really don’t want to miss the window at 5am, should I just order from safari or will it show up on the app by 5am?
I had it disappear from the app earlier today, but it showed back up. You might try refreshing your app and see if that helps.

Reactions: redbeard331

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014

Go to the For You page and choose See All Devices or See your device to find preorder information

Snot Rox

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
SF Bay Area, CA

It’s pretty much like having your phone in your cart with your payment method saved. At 5am, all you have to do is hit submit and you’re done.

Reactions: Nanotyrns

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
I have so must trust and faith in Apple's process that each time I pre order I wake up 5 minutes before the designated time, checkout in 30 seconds, and basically never check anything until delivery day. At least that was the case with my 14 PM. Apple never get it wrong.

Snot Rox

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
SF Bay Area, CA
I have a natural titanium pre-preorder set up and a blue one. They both reference the same iPhone 14 Pro max for trade in.

Should i delete one? Is having two of them going to mess me up? I’m only going to actually order one of them.

I just can’t make up my mind which color I want.

You can order both to avoid having problems and give the other to me.

Reactions: USC_Gamecock

AnOracle

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2021
Yeah the pre-preorder thing basically saves you a couple clicks at go time. It does also help because long-time preorderers will remember the days when you had to check with AT&T/Verizon/etc and their servers would just _MELT_

It's nice to have all that credit checks and carrier checks done already.

Speaking of pre-preorders, they lock in 10 minutes, so hopefully you're happy with what you've settled on!

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
I’m on the IUP, and I’m upgrading both mine and my wife’s phone. I’m thinking of doing in store pickup, and I’ll be going by myself to pick up both new phones and trade in the old phones. I both phones will be purchased under my Apple ID. Will I have any issues picking up my wife’s phone if she’s not with me?

AnOracle

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2021
I’m on the IUP, and I’m upgrading both mine and my wife’s phone. I’m thinking of doing in store pickup, and I’ll be going by myself to pick up both new phones and trade in the old phones. I both phones will be purchased under my Apple ID. Will I have any issues picking up my wife’s phone if she’s not with me?
I don't think you'll run in to issues if she isn't with you, but I'm not sure if you have to bring the old phones to trade in with you.

I know for IUP when you get it delivered to your house, they send you a box to ship the old phone back, but i'm not sure about instore pickup

redbeard331

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009
Go to the For You page and choose See All Devices or See your device to find preorder information
I had it disappear from the app earlier today, but it showed back up. You might try refreshing your app and see if that helps.

Ok I tried again on WiFi and it shows up now. Thanks! Hope it all works out at 5!

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Bring it on!! Just about 8 hours until go time. I am on the East Coast, so 8am is no problem for me. I will be up @ 6am and in my office by 7:30am. I have my 1TB 15PM in Natural Titanium set up and ready to pull the trigger. Se you all in the A.M. Good luck everyone!!
good luck to you @dsmill

Nanotyrns

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2012
Denver
I have so must trust and faith in Apple's process that each time I pre order I wake up 5 minutes before the designated time, checkout in 30 seconds, and basically never check anything until delivery day. At least that was the case with my 14 PM. Apple never get it wrong.
So, you will go back to sleep tomorrow and this thread will be at 70 pages or so and then come back on Friday when it's 1728 pages 😂

cannono

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2014

I don't think you'll run in to issues if she isn't with you, but I'm not sure if you have to bring the old phones to trade in with you.

I know for IUP when you get it delivered to your house, they send you a box to ship the old phone back, but i'm not sure about instore pickup
On iup for in store, you can do multiple as long as you’re an authorized admin or primary account holder on the service provider account to activate.

You do have to bring the old phones for store pickup. They make the trade in the same transaction, unlike deliveries where it is a separate box.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.