Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Woodstockie

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2015
NY
Hmm, after I placed the order Friday morning 8:05AM, at the moment Apple Store app says order is still in progress with September 22 delivery, but didn't get a shipping notification or tracking number yet. Needs to go east coast USA. Doubt I will receive it on Friday at this point.
So, quick update on my own post. My order must be in UPS hands now as I received this morning a tracking number, still on target for delivery tomorrow. Just didn't get into the tracking system departing China.

Reactions: JaisHTX

boxermansr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2011
El Paso, TX
No, I was not successful in getting them to lift the restriction to pickup at a UPS location.
Thanks. I was in the middle of chatting with them (Apple) on the website and they told me that I have to call and speak with someone at Apple, but if you tried and they wouldn't budge then I guess it's gonna be a looooong day for me tomorrow watching UPS trucks pass by before my 8PM one gets here.

EDIT: I called and was told that this year they have added the restriction to FedEx and UPS (I know FedEx wouldn't ever let me do a hold until after a failed delivery attempt). So.. seems that there's no way to change to hold for pickup (unless by some miracle it becomes an option later).

Last edited:

dsmill

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2013
So strange. The Apple Store status has changed to shipped, I got the email notification as well. Both Apple and UPS show it's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

But on the UPS site, it shows it's still in ZhengZhou, China as of 9/17 at 6:22pm.

So either the UPS tracking hasn't updated, or I don't see how I'm getting my iPhone tomorrow. We'll see!
Same as you, but it will be delivered tomorrow.

LeahJoFoxtrot

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2016
You can transfer everything over to the new phone without erasing your current phone.... Once you confirm all of the apps work on the new phone then you can erase the old one.... That is assuming you will be within wifi range of course since your Cell service will transfer over.
For some reason the last time I did that I had to call the help desk at work to get OpsGenie working (its an app for service alerts.) Maybe I can set it up from the old phone. We shall see :)

i505

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2016
New Mexico, USA
IMG_9553.jpeg

Import Scan!

Syk

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
Just got my import scan also and the notification from Apple. Now I can presign but won't be doing that.
Just sucks that I can't hold it at the local UPS Customer Center or UPS Store. I could understand not being able to send it to be held at CVS, Walgreens or gas station but those two places you should be able to hold at anytime.
Oh well sit at the house and wait

JoJoJones

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2021
I've never had bubbles with this applicator guide. It's the best screen protector I've ever used and the easiest to install. You still have to prep the screen with the wipes and the drying cloth. Then you use the stickers to remove any visible dust before applying the applicator. Bubbles are still possible, but the chances are greatly reduced.

I'm going to give this a try. No phone ordered yet for me but come black Friday I will!

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
anyone else in the same boat as me and doesnt feel like doing anything else till they get their phone? or is it just me??
Somewhat but I need to be productive today as I am working from home. Can't wait for tomorrow and I'm doing store pick up. So at least I don't need to check furiously on tracking lol.

Reactions: Kinggi

udflyer

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2011
I just got the email from Apple saying it shipped etc...

However for Voice Plan/Data Plan / Messaging Plan / Phone number they all say "null" wtf

Reactions: jtrue28

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Canada here, but the Canada thread is slow. No import scan yet, but did finally get tracking info! What wave am I in?

09/19/2023
2:14
On the Way
Arrived at Facility
Louisville, KY, United States
09/18/2023
16:37
Departed from Facility
Anchorage, AK, United States
09/18/2023
15:50
Departed from Facility
09/18/2023
13:27
Arrived at Facility
09/18/2023
22:50
Departed from Facility
Shanghai, China
09/16/2023
15:59
Arrived at Facility
Shanghai, China
09/16/2023
14:59
Departed from Facility
Kunshan City, China
09/16/2023
13:54
Origin Scan
Kunshan City, China
Label Created
Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet.
China
You must be Canada Wave 1!

The Wave thing started counting the US bound phones leaving from ZhengZhou. We think, b/c of the physical SIM construction, yours may have been made at a different FoxConn factory, hence your different origin scan city of Kunshan.

It don't matter anymore, mate. Enjoy that Launch Day phone!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.