Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Syk

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
what did you do to have Apple request UPS to hold the package? I have tried twice already chatting with Apple to have my package held at my local UPS CC, but they keep saying the UPS has a note that holding for pick up is not applicable at the moment.

please help!!!
At this point I'm not going to bother fooling with it. I'll just wait it out.
It would be my luck between Apple and UPS something gets screwed up.

dkinley

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2014
IMG_6259.jpeg
These are ups flights to MCO from Louisville from Wednesday to tomrrow. Hopefully my phone landed already and at Apple Store ? Fingers crossed

Attachments

• IMG_6258.jpeg
    IMG_6258.jpeg
    395.3 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: killawat

LeahJoFoxtrot

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2016
Trying to upgrade from an 8+. I pre-ordered but betting a UPS employee may steal my phone. Why? I ordered a case and peripherals and the box arrived mangled and open. I was home the whole time and there was no knock at the door. I can’t have the carrier hold my phone either so I sadly don’t expect to get the phone I ordered tomorrow and it’s depressing because I can’t do anything about it.
You know, I hadn't even thought of this. I live in a nice neighborhood but I ended up having my return iPhone for a Verizon upgrade stolen. I don't know if it was at my door and then someone shipped the box or it happened on the way there. I don't think it's the former though because of the weight being exact when it was scanned. Unless they weigh them in the truck. Ugh I wish I had a doorbell camera but I live in an apartment :( Now I'm worried some jackass will steal my phone I've been so excited for.

AnClar

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2010
Got departure scans on both phones at 2:53PM. Could be UPS2796 to San Antonio. That's the only TX bound departure I can see that would work with that departure scan time. It's scheduled out at 3:05PM CDT 4:05EDT. We'll see if I get a San Antonio arrival scan. Might also be 2798 to Dallas, scheduled out at 3:04 EDT.

Last edited:

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
YAY! Happy and safe travels. Thank you for another great year. You've been awesome around here. Love your positive energy. Come back next year, please.
You know I'll be back!!!! Thank you for being our fearless leader every year. Do you remember one year there was bad storms in NYC and all the flights were delayed on Thursday evening. I actually thought I wouldn't be able to get my iPhone on Friday. However, UPS pulled through. Did your iPhones leave Louisville? I'm still a bit behind so I might not have gotten to your post yet. 💓

jhowieii

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2010
North Carolina
My phone will be on flight UPS1270 SDF-GSO. Departs SDF 0412L and Arrives GSO 0515L.

This means a late afternoon UPS van arrival at home. Will sit at home reading about everyone else opening their phones

laffnvegas

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2014
Desert South West
I assume this is the process. This is my first year getting an iPhone directly from Apple. I used to just get them through Verizon, but their contracts suck, so I went Apple this year.
I stopped getting them from Verizon about 5 phones ago. Will never do that again. I still have Verizon but will not play their games for upgrading to a new phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.