Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

cpatrick08

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
IMG_4666.png

DarkHorsed

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2023
Elm Springs, AR
I got an import scan a couple of hours ago! So Uhmm..question for anyone who has experience with mailing….I live on a road, which is abbreviated to “Rd.” here in the U.S. I guess I got a little too excited at launch and either iOS 16’s autocorrect did this or it was user error, but I typed in “Are.” Making it look like I mispelled “Ave.” Once it hits my local UPS hub, do they know see the error and look my address up and correct it as a road, or will they not deliver it? Thanks.

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Yeah I am not doing. The 17.0.1 update for that very reason! Just backed up my phone as well. Probably do one more in the morning but I am readddddyyy.
Yep I keep 16.x on my ole 14 ProMax. Gonna try quick start which worked well last year. But I just backed up again although when I unpair my AW Ultra then I should back up again on Mac so i have ultimate backup if quick start does not work for some reason.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020

ATX_wapiti

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2021
Austin, TX
No, sorry, I may have worded that wrong, the band and Airpods are coming in two separate shipments even though I ordered them at the same time. My phone was an order on it's own.
Ahhhh - I see I see. Not sure why they would not pack them in the same box then if they are coming from the same distribution location.

laffnvegas

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2014
Desert South West

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Yeah I am not doing. The 17.0.1 update for that very reason! Just backed up my phone as well. Probably do one more in the morning but I am readddddyyy.
Now my question is if I restore from my latest back up which was this morning, will my iMessages from this afternoon and evening not transfer over, or is iMessages in the cloud a separate thing from the backup?

I guess I can also just restore to 17.0 now while it's still being signed.

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
I would be more excited if I didn't already know going in that I'm going to have to scrap with Apple for a while tomorrow over changing my phone order from "buying outright" to EIP with trade in 😥

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
Now my question is if I restore from my latest back up which was this morning, will my iMessages from this afternoon and evening not transfer over, or is iMessages in the cloud a separate thing from the backup?

I guess I can also just restore to 17.0 now while it's still being signed.
iMessage in iCloud works separately from Backup. If you have iMessages in iCloud turned on, it will be excluded from your backups.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.