Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
It's been real Russ. Another great successful year. Thank you for the great laughs and weather updates.

Thank you for keeping us updated. Respect!
Thanks @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ You are most welcome and thanks for all your love and support. Looking forward to the year ahead and adventures with our phones and other apple tech.

Excitied that it will be here really want to see what the cameras can do.

@TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ Tomorrow I have a super busy day, but I’ll pop in some and check out everyone’s pictures. I bet you are over the moon for some major sleep! You deserve it after your hard work keeping us in line! That is no easy task. @MrENGLISH can be super naughty! I hope you and your phones have many nights of 5w charging sessions together! Tell your hamsters much love from us here at MacRumors. 🐹 🐹
Thank you @Samantha124 It's been real. I'm ready to go on a vacation. I'm going to catch up with my sleep over the weekend. Rest assured, I'm going to be sleeping like a baby tomorrow night. I have a trip coming up to Toronto, Canada - 1st week of October. I will put the iPhone camera into a real test.

Thank you for the great laughs. You've been amazing. Made everyone laugh! That's not easy to do either. Please come back next year. You created MacRumors After Hours sessions here. So, thank you! ❤️

EW406

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2017
Montana
IMG_2114.jpeg

Departure scan. Sadly our time here is coming close to an end again 😢

ATX_wapiti

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2021
Austin, TX
As my phone is inbound from Kentucky, my airpods pro 2 and new alpine band for my watch are coming from Ontario, CA, but they're coming in two separate shipments?! What are you doing Apple?! Pack all of it in one freaking box! smh.
How would they manage that when the iPhone 15 Pros are shipping straight from China? The Airpod Pro 2s and Bands have been sitting around waiting to ship out probably since last week.

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009
@TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ Tomorrow I have a super busy day, but I’ll pop in some and check out everyone’s pictures. I bet you are over the moon for some major sleep! You deserve it after your hard work keeping us in line! That is no easy task. @MrENGLISH can be super naughty! I hope you and your phones have many nights of 5w charging sessions together! Tell your hamsters much love from us here at MacRumors. 🐹 🐹

What do you mean? I'm just sitting here. Patiently waiting like everyone else.

84d2159d79ba9de81f6125f72f2adaca.gif

Chele

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2003
Illinois
Other side of Illinois or another state. If Illinois there usually is a truck (semi) hauling a load that goes up through Indianapolis then through Danville Illinois (passing my town 30 miles further on. Then it goes to Decatur Illinois hub for a few hours but buy tomorrow morning it is back here at my local hub ready to be loaded in the truck.
Other side of Illinois, I'm near St. Louis. But yeah, my packages normally go to Danville and Decatur before making their way over here. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Sikh

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2011
I found a 30W USB-C charger plug in my drawer. I think I must have picked it up around 2019. I bought a lot of USB-C to X(other connector type) Apple dongles back then. I have a USB-C MacbookPro and iPad so maybe it came with the iPad. I don't remember. I use a big brick to charge both.

Any harm in me using either the big brick that came with the MacbookPro or the 30W that I found in the drawer? Both Apple. I don't want to limbo under my desk and out the other side to look at the big brick unless it's important.

What IS the optimal charger to use if I have to buy a new one tom preserve the iPhone 15's battery health?
There isn’t one truthfully. Their power IC handles voltages / wattage.

If you are really concerned about battery health, turn on the new “80% charge limit” option. This option will preserve your battery health the most.

Other ways to preserve battery health is to charge the phone properly. This consists of not always fast charging it, not having it plugged in all the time, etc. There’s a whole list that you can find online.

For reference: I charge my phone(14 PM) 99% of the time via MagSafe. Every night I drop my phone on the charger and every morning I take it off. My phone is off the charger for about 14-16 hours a day. If I catch myself running out of battery, I throw it in low power mode early enough that it’ll last me all day. When I’m traveling, I have a 20w USB-C and USB-A charger that charges my watch and phone. I use this charger during the day to top off my phone for the night and then I put my phone back on the charger when I go to bed.

Doing all of this, my battery health is 98% after a full year of MagSafe charging with about 40 corded charges.

Syk

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
Fortunately I will be able to open the blinds and see when someone is coming to my door. When I do you best bet I'm meeting them out there and making sure I think the weight is right and the package is undamaged.
I got Blink cameras. I figure tomorrow when I get a Blink notification I'll get up and head to the door instead of my normal open the app and wait for the Live view to come up.
I'm more concerned about the driver being lazy and just marking failed attempt without getting out.
If it's the normal guy that delivered the past few times then I should be ok, it's just what time will it show up.

ScoutTactics8

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2021
How would they manage that when the iPhone 15 Pros are shipping straight from China? The Airpod Pro 2s and Bands have been sitting around waiting to ship out probably since last week.
No, sorry, I may have worded that wrong, the band and Airpods are coming in two separate shipments even though I ordered them at the same time. My phone was an order on it's own.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.