Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

JDNukem

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
Denver, CO
folks who store picked up last time, around what time you got a notification for pick up?
If I remember correctly it was early morning. My guess is whenever they scan them in the store and put them in whatever type of order corresponding to your pickup time. I already have the serial number so it has to be tied to scanning in the inventory.

Reactions: Kat1661 and Brad7

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Finally left the Apple Store. They are struggling to install screen protectors and don’t seem organised. Back home to set up and post some pics soon :)
IMG_0656.jpeg

tdar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2003
Johns Creek Ga.
So question… Apple released 17.0.1 today, so do we backup on 17.0 and not update to restore tomorrow to our new phones? Or do we think they shipped with 17.0.1?
Don’t upgrade your current iPhone to the new.01 version. Do a backup tonight. And then do the setup on the new iPhone tomorrow. After that update the new iPhone. I have been told that it is going to be.02. Don’t forget that you need WiFi to do any of that.

I had a wisdom + a molar removed today so I am resting up and reading through the posts on here. I look forward to this thread every year!

Thanks @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ for putting on a show!

Both mine and my wife’s phones departed Louisville at 4:32PM EST! Headed for NY I’m sure!
Thank you! It was fun. So glad you were able to join us this year. We had great laughs here. Hopefully, you two will enjoy your iPhone. Take lots of pictures and unleash the A17 Pro chip! Also, please come back next year. I'll be waiting. Big things are coming our way in 2024. Cheers!

madrigal77

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2018
Don’t upgrade your current iPhone to the new.01 version. Do a backup tonight. And then do the setup on the new iPhone tomorrow. After that update the new iPhone. I have been told that it is going to be.02. Don’t forget that you need WiFi to do any of that.
Or if need be you can just go through the setup without signing into your apple id, then do the update, factory reset, and do the transfer. Not that big of a deal.

Reactions: GeneticBloom
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.