Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

JaisHTX

Contributor
Sep 22, 2004
Texas
We're on the ground in Houston, right about here ....

IMG_1754.jpeg

Phaethar

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2017
MN
Just wondering, but is there any advantage to doing the whole iTunes or iCloud backup and restore if I’ll have access to both phones? Mine is being delivered tomorrow, and I usually hold on to my old phone for a few days before sending it back anyway. The last couple of years I’ve just activated the new one and then put them next to each other and transferred the data from the old one to the new one. No worrying about minor iOS versions or anything this way, and I get all my data moved to a fresh install phone. Seems the best of both worlds, and it’s been much faster than recovering from a backup to boot.

Am I missing something? I don’t see this option suggested anywhere (unless I missed it, which is very possible).

TurboCoder2022

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2022
Don’t upgrade your current iPhone to the new.01 version. Do a backup tonight. And then do the setup on the new iPhone tomorrow. After that update the new iPhone. I have been told that it is going to be.02. Don’t forget that you need WiFi to do any of that.
Thank you for this, tdar. I probably would have upgraded my current iPhone 12 Pro Max tonight and borked my iPhone 15 Pro Max update tomorrow as a result.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.