Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

tdar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2003
Johns Creek Ga.
After I answered the question about how to setup your new iphone tomorrow I remembered something that Apple did once. They included the.01 software on the p from the factory. That will screw up your backup. A backup can not go on a iPhone that has a older version of iOS than the backup. So if they do this to us again, what you do is take your old iPhone and do a q backup. Then you can upgrade just like normal.

Last edited:
Reactions: TurboCoder2022

ATX_wapiti

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2021
Austin, TX
Just wondering, but is there any advantage to doing the whole iTunes or iCloud backup and restore if I’ll have access to both phones? Mine is being delivered tomorrow, and I usually hold on to my old phone for a few days before sending it back anyway. The last couple of years I’ve just activated the new one and then put them next to each other and transferred the data from the old one to the new one. No worrying about minor iOS versions or anything this way, and I get all my data moved to a fresh install phone. Seems the best of both worlds, and it’s been much faster than recovering from a backup to boot.

Am I missing something? I don’t see this option suggested anywhere (unless I missed it, which is very possible).
That is exactly how I am going to set up my new phone and is how I have done it every year since it became an option. I have not updated my Macbook in ages, so making a local backup is not super easy for me.

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
Pickup order still says processing

Attachments

• IMG_8578.jpeg
    IMG_8578.jpeg
    364.5 KB · Views: 42

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Where do you live now? I moved to California and would never move back home. I visit family and that’s enough for me.

I'm currently split between Vegas and Sacramento. The desert is lovely, but I'm missing trees and grass... and the shades of green there are so much more different than NorCal or Vegas.

BL.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.