Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

WaitingForGuacamole

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2021
Uhhhh, any Denver peeps get this scan?

Makes no sense…

View attachment 2273730
HEADS UP Denver crew - and, well, everyone... a hidden side of logistics that we don't always think about is that UPS might send your package on a 2 hop flight so that a smaller city can get extra coverage during waves like this.

Our packages left around the same time as a SDF-DEN flight, but I think they actually went SDF-BIL. And now, in about a half hour, I hope we will see them move on.

1695340838676.png

WaitingForGuacamole

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2021
Logistics-weights, balances, loads on a time sensitive item? And if the plans are going anyways…

Although somebody got a Commerce City scan
I think that our phones are on multiple planes, some went to DEN, some hopping through BIL (so BIL can get an extra flight it wouldn't have gotten all on its own) and still others may wind up on overnight flights, I think.

Reactions: Wolfs

goneeuro02

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2016
Here’s all of them for tomorrow!
Awesome work!!!! I got a departure scan of 4:17pm but it doesn’t line up with a Florida flight. Any ideas on where it could be headed? I am guessing either Tampa or Ft Myers.

genekend

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2010
I got caught up in the trying to order and got a Oct 16 date. Apple has changed date to Oct 2 then Sept 27 and now Apple shows Oct 2 again. UPS shows delivery tomorrow. The phone is in Anchorage right now. i wonder if Apple is trying to help those with pre orders that didn’t work. Looks like I got lucky. It is a pro max 256 titanium.

Clingpeach

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
That should be fine. The only problem is if your backup is newer than your iPhone. I need to check, might have said that wrong in my post.// I said it backwards in the post but I have updated it. What won’t work is if you have a backup of the .01 version and tried to use it with the 17.0 versions.
Thanks for the clarification. I think Zollotech said they are shipping with either 17.02 or 17.2. Not exactly certain

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
Got my case (it’s the big one-haha). I swear that Apple plays optical illusions with me because it doesn’t seem like that much of a difference, but it is!

Oh nice! I bought a one similar. Just came today. Since we didn’t get a Deep Red, this is my substitute for later. Beautiful burgundy. And the leather is very nice!

IMG_2217.jpeg

Sorry photographers, my room lighting is a little warm. I’ll do a collage of my cases later in better lighting.

JFK1979

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2014
Denver, CO
I got caught up in the trying to order and got a Oct 16 date. Apple has changed date to Oct 2 then Sept 27 and now Apple shows Oct 2 again. UPS shows delivery tomorrow. The phone is in Anchorage right now. i wonder if Apple is trying to help those with pre orders that didn’t work. Looks like I got lucky. It is a pro max 256 titanium.
Might be a tight squeeze for tomorrow, maybe Monday. Fingers crossed it makes it tomorrow

Reactions: Wolfs

NickyValentine

Suspended
Aug 7, 2023
Well, everyone, we made it through the workweek. I'm sure most of us have tomorrow off. This is going to be a long night. I'm already planning all my snacks and movies/TV shows to watch until I finally fall asleep around 4 a.m.
I must be the oddball as I don’t take time off for a phone lol

Spheres

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2023
Just called Apple Support -- wasn't too long of a wait (about 20 mins). But they had placed a charge on my card for both the Case and the iPhone itself. The Case ($50) sat in pending status for a few days but went through yesterday (the same day it was available for pick it up). However, the iPhone ($1500) sat in pending for a few days then the transaction VANISHED. So there's no transaction on my card for the iPhone??

Like I said, I called Apple Support -- was transferred to pre-sales, and they assured me that everything still looks good on their end and to come in tomorrow at my time slot. I told them there's no charge on the card though? He repeated that everything looks ok on their end... I don't have a good feeling about this. Any chance I get there and there's no phone because the charge didn't go through for whatever reason??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.