Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
I have an appointment for 1:45pm and I'm still trying to decide if I should try and show up tomorrow as soon as I wake up. It seems like my odds of getting the phone early are like 40-60 if I try that...
I'm going to say don't do that. The purpose of pickup times is to make things as orderly as possibly and make it so that someone can show up and not wait too long to walk out with their phone. They're going to prioritize other people if you show up early.

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
IMG_5986.jpeg

Woo hoo, almost home!

zach-coleman

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2022
I'm going to say don't do that. The purpose of pickup times is to make things as orderly as possibly and make it so that someone can show up and not wait too long to walk out with their phone. They're going to prioritize other people if you show up early.
I mean, I'm fine waiting 30 minutes to an hour if I show up early. I'm not expecting to show up and be let in first. Still would get it 3-4 hours sooner and be on with my day.

Spheres

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2023
This is 100% normal behavior, happens to me every year with pre-orders for in store pickup. The final charge will post after you pick your order up, don't worry!

That's reassuring... but any idea what the reasoning is behind it? Do they just put in a false charge to make sure it's within the card limit and won't get rejected? And do you happen to know why the case-charge would clear but the iPhone one vanished?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.