Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Ok my phone is in town finally from the Decatur IL hub where it relaxed last night left about 3 am and got here in hour this is the way its been since I have been in iUP. Louisville to Decatur (sometimes with stop in Danville IL before Decatur) Decatur appears to be our regional hub from all this over years.

And as others noted last night when I was sleeping for a few hours the full scans are in finally from UPS. Several more scans to go. In hour Processing at UPS Facility,Urbana, IL, United States, then usually loaded on truck around 7-8Am and out for delivery around 9AM plus (its now 4:15 AM what the heck am I doing up LOL)

Oh and I am now back to my original delivery time of 10:45 am CDT to 2:45 PM CDT so thats good. Let’s see how busy my driver is LOL.

IMG_8204.jpeg
IMG_8205.jpeg
IMG_8207.jpeg

LeahJoFoxtrot

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2016
I got a winter blue silicone case, and it’s much darker than the light blue shown on Apple’s site. At first I wanted to return it, but it’s grown on me sitting out for the past few days. I still wish it was the color on Apple’s site though.
Their colors on the site are never accurate for anything. Just look at what the purple iPad mini looks like on their site vs reality.

Spheres

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2023
Just called Apple Support -- wasn't too long of a wait (about 20 mins). But they had placed a charge on my card for both the Case and the iPhone itself. The Case ($50) sat in pending status for a few days but went through yesterday (the same day it was available for pick it up). However, the iPhone ($1500) sat in pending for a few days then the transaction VANISHED. So there's no transaction on my card for the iPhone??

Like I said, I called Apple Support -- was transferred to pre-sales, and they assured me that everything still looks good on their end and to come in tomorrow at my time slot. I told them there's no charge on the card though? He repeated that everything looks ok on their end... I don't have a good feeling about this. Any chance I get there and there's no phone because the charge didn't go through for whatever reason??

So there is STILL no charge to my card and today is pick-up day. Wish me luck.... I have a bad feeling about this.

• Sad
Reactions: LeahJoFoxtrot

goofy810

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
So there is STILL no charge to my card and today is pick-up day. Wish me luck.... I have a bad feeling about this.
I have never had an issue if you have a confirmed email for pickup and it shows in your orders then you are good. Even if their system messed up and they didnt ship it to the store they will find one and sell to you.

Spheres

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2023
Do you have an invoice on the Apple Store?

The email for my pickup today just came through a couple of hours ago, so it looks like they are still processing pickups.

Yes same here -- I received a confirmation e-mail exactly 3 hrs ago. That's reassuring at least...just makes me nervous there's no pending transaction on my card, let alone a cleared one.

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Well this is interesting if you do the quick start apparently the 15 and 15 Pros have a bug in base iOS 17 installed on them. During iPhone setup, the Transfer from another iPhone option may fail and leave your new iPhone in a state where it is stuck booting on the Apple logo black screen.

To resolve the issue, Apple says that you need to put the device into DFU mode and restore it using a computer.

Really apple? Now i wonder if I should just do an install from backup on my computer and also update my new phone. At least that is there. I like quick start but hate to deal with this

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
Well this is interesting if you do the quick start apparently the 15 and 15 Pros have a bug in base iOS 17 installed on them. During iPhone setup, the Transfer from another iPhone option may fail and leave your new iPhone in a state where it is stuck booting on the Apple logo black screen.

To resolve the issue, Apple says that you need to put the device into DFU mode and restore it using a computer.

Really apple? Now i wonder if I should just do an install from backup on my computer and also update my new phone. At least that is there. I like quick start but hate to deal with this

I’m glad I already got my iPhone and my wife’s iPhone backed up to my Mac before bed last night — unpaired both of our watches before backing up the phones too…

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
I’m glad I already got my iPhone and my wife’s iPhone backed up to my Mac before bed last night — unpaired both of our watches before backing up the phones too…
Yeah looks like restore from the macbook backup rather than going to QuickStart and risking this perhaps?

Reactions: StudioMacs

okkibs

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2022
I still have to figure out what to do with my "not really all that damaged but damaged enough probably no one will buy it" iPhone 14 Pro.
Couple options. Use it as is yourself for many years (guess that's not practical since we're in the 15 series order thread). Hand it down within family/friends. Try the Apple trade-in directly in a store as they'll evaluate the device right there and then you can either walk away or take the gift card if they don't merely offer to recycle it. And if that doesn't work sell it as is with a description of what happened for $450 which is $100 below what Apple would give you anyways.

The big question is whether Apple would ever replace the battery at the regular battery replacement cost on this device. If they claim the front glass is damaged then a simple battery replacement would suddenly incur the cost of an entire screen replacement which is obviously absurd. That's the only potential issue with this device. I've bought a phone just like yours on purpose to get the steep discount knowing I can't get a battery replacement. But I never get them replaced anyways and don't care about battery life.

Reactions: LeahJoFoxtrot

MiamitoKeyWest

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2021
Well, so much for sleep.

Amazon 5am drop off of yet more accessories, and emails arrived to pick up @ Apple at 8 - 2 hours to go!

Watching TT's of the masses outside Apple stores in Australia etc - had no idea the crowds were as big now as years ago. Hoping we can be in an out at 8am without too much craziness.

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
Yeah looks like restore from the macbook backup rather than going to QuickStart and risking this perhaps?
Maybe it will be faster to do it wired on the Pro models with the higher speed USB-c ports (not including time to backup the old phones).

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Maybe it will be faster to do it wired on the Pro models with the higher speed USB-c ports (not including time to backup the old phones).
Yep I am thinking that is the case since I have my 14 ProMax all backed up and it is in version 16.x the restore from a backup may be the way to go with the new USB-c on my M2 Macbook pro

Reactions: StudioMacs

LeahJoFoxtrot

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2016
Couple options. Use it as is yourself for many years (guess that's not practical since we're in the 15 series order thread). Hand it down within family/friends. Try the Apple trade-in directly in a store as they'll evaluate the device right there and then you can either walk away or take the gift card if they don't merely offer to recycle it. And if that doesn't work sell it as is with a description of what happened for $450 which is $100 below what Apple would give you anyways.

The big question is whether Apple would ever replace the battery at the regular battery replacement cost on this device. If they claim the front glass is damaged then a simple battery replacement would suddenly incur the cost of an entire screen replacement which is obviously absurd. That's the only potential issue with this device. I've bought a phone just like yours on purpose to get the steep discount knowing I can't get a battery replacement. But I never get them replaced anyways and don't care about battery life.
I was going to give the phone to my Mom but at 76 years old (still doing great though) she's not really going to take advantage compared to her 13. Then I thought about my eldest sister and she said that she might take it but when I got to thinking about it I wouldn't want either of them to have a banged up phone. It sucks that you couldn't get a battery replacement :(

Reactions: okkibs

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013

Ugh this is the second year in a row. The launch day 14s had a setup bug too.

thatJohann

macrumors 68000
Jul 5, 2013
NYC
When can we buy phones for in store pick up! Still says “in-store availability on 9/22”

NYC for reference

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.