Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

tmoney468

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2007
Now app says ā€œvisit an Apple Storeā€ on the store pickup section. Maybe they wonā€™t do store pickup this year for non- preorders.
I'm currently waiting too to see if there's an in store pickup option today...I still see the same text as before about "In-store availability on 9/22"

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Ugh this is the second year in a row. The launch day 14s had a setup bug too.
Well talking to another friend just now he said the bug is only on phone to phone transfer in quick start but If I choose option of transfer from iCloud I a still safely use quick start. Since apple offered me space to upload to cloud for this with my new phone purchase I am going to use that and am currently backing my phone up to the cloud. The cloud has same encryption as the macbook backup also

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
So now I might be a tad worried. My Apple Watch updated to ready for pickup, but not the phone.
I did finally get my ready for pick up email like at 1:22 am. It doesnā€™t hurt to visit the apple store and see if their end says ready for pick up. Had that happen to my usb c to lightning adapter order.

IMG_0247.jpeg

darinzook

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Ok folks, I need your help.

How bad is the battery on non Max Pro's variants?

So I wanted to go back to something more "normal size" and ordered the Pro. But like, somewhere in a corner of my little black heart I'm not 100% convinced due to Max' battery.

Coming from 11 PM, 13 PM. Size is not an issue (I mean, Max' size I just got tired to carry it everywhere)

This was me for the longest time. X to 11 PM, to 12 PM. The 12 pushed the weight issue for me, and the 13 & 14 PM were both heavier. I took a step back to the 13 Pro, and stayed with that size to the 14 Pro. Battery has been fine. Iā€™ve only had issues making it through a full day on travel days (I travel for work, and with my wife some too). I guess I use my phone more on those days. I picked up a MagSafe battery while traveling in Italy, and needing to navigate. But any normal day - I have no issues getting through the whole day on a single charge.

Honestly, the biggest reason Iā€™m going back to the 15 Pro Max is the fact that it dropped in weight, and is just ever so slightly heavier than my 14 Pro that I carry with me now. That and as a photographer - I wanted to play with the new 5x 120mm lens. šŸ˜‰ That said, it could be a huge mistake too. Good news is, as someone who upgrades yearly (and drives my wife nuts about it), I only have to deal with it for a year if I donā€™t like it. šŸ˜‚

thatJohann

macrumors 68000
Jul 5, 2013
NYC
hmm still shows 9/22 for me (NYC)
Cheers fellow NYC.

Mine shows that too again. Maybe itā€™s at 9am PT that they open the store pickup option.

Anyway not sure why Iā€™m trying so hard. I have a 15 Pro on the way already. Just wanted to try the 15 Pro Max even tho Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll return it cause itā€™s huge lol

darinzook

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2016
Charlotte, NC
How do I get iTunes for Mac OS X ARM M1 Ventura 13.5.1? I need this for the full backup on my computer, but the only "latest version" download available on Apple's website is for a legacy OS X version???? What gives?
Backup can be done in the Finder. You no longer need iTunes to do it.

1695379319111.png

Last edited:

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
Good good morning people, probably the worst sleep I got, probably cause I COULDNT SLEEP! But today it that day, enjoy you phones, enjoy new adventures, enjoy new sounds and more importantly enjoy your life, love you all will see how everyone is doing later until then everyone have fun today!
Well that and did you say you are now a dad? So yours hands are full?

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Since I am trying to avoid the quckstart iOS 17 bug gonna do it and choose option of from iCloud as I am backing up to this as I write using the free space they gave me to use with my new phone purchase. (You can choose from backup on mac also). This is what encrypted icloud and mac backup look like interesting article I am sharing for all you with new phones

Reactions: 5105973

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
Whelp, Iā€™m nervous. I got the email confirmation last night but my in store pick up still says processing. The pick up is in an hour and a halfā€¦

My husband got his email confirmation yesterday a couple hours before mine and his app has said ready for pickup since thenā€¦

anjo10

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2020
Chicago, IL
That's awesome @bevsb2 Hope you get an early delivery tomorrow as well.

I can't wait to return back to our thread. I'm probably 50 pages behind over there and I have not played Wordle + Quordle since the Apple Wonderlust event took place. Way too busy and caught up here.

It was my pleasure! Thank you!
Iā€™d like to join this thread! I play Wordle and Waffle daily too lol šŸ¤©

itguy247

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2023
MI
I see this now:
9/21/2023
09:23 PM
On the Way
Departed from Facility
West Carrollton, OH, United States
Same for me. Mine has reached its final UPS facility. Yay!

Loaded on Delivery Vehicle
09/22/2023 6:41 AM

Processing at UPS Facility
09/22/2023 5:37 AM

Arrived at Facility
09/22/2023 4:59 AM

Departed from Facility
09/22/2023 4:00 AM
Livonia, MI, US

Arrived at Facility
09/22/2023 1:15 AM
Livonia, MI, US

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.