Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
Ok folks, I need your help.

How bad is the battery on non Max Pro's variants?

So I wanted to go back to something more "normal size" and ordered the Pro. But like, somewhere in a corner of my little black heart I'm not 100% convinced due to Max' battery.

Coming from 11 PM, 13 PM. Size is not an issue (I mean, Max' size I just got tired to carry it everywhere)

On the 13 Pro and iOS 15, battery was great. On iOS 16, both 13 Pro and 14 Pro were horrible for battery life. I spent a week constantly looking for new stock in Apple Stores to exchange my 14 Pro for a 14 Pro Max before my 14 Pro return window ended.

I didn’t even really want the Pro Max size as I enjoyed the ergonomics of the smaller size, but I knew I’d be super unhappy if I had to deal with that battery life for a year. And it’s only get worse over time with battery degradation.

Maybe it improved with later versions of iOS 16 and with iOS 17, but I’m not willing to risk it. The extra battery life of the Pro Max is worth the downsides to me, especially considering my 14 Pro Max battery life hasn’t even been great. Plus the larger display is nice. Can’t see myself downsizing again anytime soon unless Apple majorly improves battery life like in the 11 series and 13 series.

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
Whelp, I’m nervous. I got the email confirmation last night but my in store pick up still says processing. The pick up is in an hour and a half…

My husband got his email confirmation yesterday a couple hours before mine and his app has said ready for pickup since then…
I would go with what your email says. As long as you got the ready for pick up email you should be good to go.

Reactions: Kat1661

anjo10

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2020
Chicago, IL
Good morning,

Happy iPhone 15 Day!

The day we’ve been waiting for.​

my iPhone went back to the original delivery window 11:15-3:15pm from 7pm. 🥳🎉🤩

IMG_1731.jpeg

Processing at UPS Facility
09/22/2023 5:23 AM
Franklin Park, IL, US

enjoy your new phones everyone!!!! 🎉​

aue123

macrumors 6502
Jan 24, 2019
Mid west USA
You mean in like a case? Like the one it was wearing? When I smashed my face in from tripping on a sidewalk in front of a car dealership?

It was in a case. That damage is the outer ring, barely any on the screen. I will gladly repost a picture of my face when it happened and picture of the case I was using lol :p

And I will never use a 2" thick Otterbox, it ruins using the phone for me.

View attachment 2274731 View attachment 2274735 View attachment 2274737
it’s slightly funny hearing your story, it reminds me of the people smacking into a pole because they are too busy texting on their phone. thank god you weren’t driving a car, you might have seriously injured someone. eyes up, phones down 👍

aspenextreme03

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2021
Many of us still have processing in the app despite getting pickup texts and email. You should still go in at the designated time to get your new iPhone. A lot of tossing and turning last night but today is finally the day :)
Same I got my email with the cost but still says does not say ready for pickup in app for my 9:15 est pickup in store

d_ganggreen

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2015
Nowhere-somewhere-everywhere
it's going to be a looong day of waiting for me! UPS usually comes on the tail-end of these timeframes so i'm not expecting anything until probably 8/9pm :(

i also haven't received my applecare+ emails for either of my phones...when do those come in usually?

View attachment 2274912
I know exactly how you feel. I normally take off of work in anticipation and wait at home only to have the 4pm or later delivery. I am now retired from the military and am teaching in Georgia so at a new place...I am hoping that they deliver much earlier, but then again I don't get off until 3:30 anyway now, lol.

Reactions: jchiou

ChoiMinji

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2021
Well this is interesting if you do the quick start apparently the 15 and 15 Pros have a bug in base iOS 17 installed on them. During iPhone setup, the Transfer from another iPhone option may fail and leave your new iPhone in a state where it is stuck booting on the Apple logo black screen.

To resolve the issue, Apple says that you need to put the device into DFU mode and restore it using a computer.

Really apple? Now i wonder if I should just do an install from backup on my computer and also update my new phone. At least that is there. I like quick start but hate to deal with this

The quick setup on my 15pro went through on the 3rd loop, after I realized I didn’t have it plugged into the charger 😊🌸

itguy247

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2023
MI
Instead of delivery by 7 PM mine is now loaded on delivery vehicle and shows:

Rescheduled Delivery
Friday, September 22, between 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM

I would not be surprised if it arrives much later in the day given what day it is.

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Well in the spirit of iphone arrival week that I started on the 19th (day it arrived in Louisville ) which was my birthday (and talk like a pirate day) today I am smoking a 18 pound brisket for family supper (salmon later) which I put on 5 AM (hour ago I have been up since 3 AM could not sleep any longer — think I am excited?

IMG_8959.jpeg
IMG_8960.jpeg

whattodo11

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2010
And I departed Rhode Island heading to catch the wife at the local depot i bet! This may happen!!!!!!

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
Well in the spirit of iphone arrival week that I started on the 19th (day it arrived in Louisville ) which was my birthday (and talk like a pirate day) today I am smoking a 18 pound brisket for family supper (salmon later) which I put on 5 AM (hour ago I have been up since 3 AM could not sleep any longer — think I am excited?

View attachment 2274942 View attachment 2274943
Brisket…yummmmmmm!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.