Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

TurboCoder2022

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2022
How do I do "backup all of the data on your iPhone to your iCloud"? I don't have enough room on this Mac Studio it's a 500 GB hard drive. But I only have the following options in finder:

Back up your most important data on your iPhone to iCloud
Back up all of the data on your iPhone to this Mac

I have 2TB on iCloud. I want to "back up all of the data on your iPhone to your iCloud."

I don't want "Just the most important". I want ALL OF MY FREAKING DATA including ALL voicemails, texts, photos, everything. Ugh

SpecB

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2021
Jamaica
The last time slot for in store pickup ready & I feel like I might just use a 5Watt Apple charger. 😇;)

1695382501956.png

ROLLTIDE1

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
How do I do "backup all of the data on your iPhone to your iCloud"? I don't have enough room on this Mac Studio it's a 500 GB hard drive. But I only have the following options in finder:

I have 2TB on iCloud. I want to "back up all of the data on your iPhone to your iCloud."

I don't want "Just the most important". I want ALL OF MY FREAKING DATA including ALL voicemails, texts, photos, everything. Ugh
Why not just do a phone to phone transfer ?

Good morning! Happy iPhone day!

I just woke up. Today is Friday, September 22, 2023 at 4:23 AM. A very important day. A national iPhone day. The day we all have been waiting for… today is going to be a busy day here. I just wanted to wish everyone good luck receiving their new iPhone. A new era is here!

Also, from the bottom of my heart, I wanted to personally thank you everyone for being here. Everyone who managed to make a post on this thread is a real winner and a superstar. I cannot thank you enough for another successful year. I’m very thankful to all of you. Thank you for giving me this amazing opportunity to be a host of this historic iPhone 15 Pre-Order Thread.

As far as unboxing of my iPhone goes. I expect to have that up later this afternoon. (PDT). So, please stay tuned!

1695381959782.jpeg

Shot taken: iPhone 14 Pro Max - Seattle, Washington.

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
I want to thank this group here, it's my first time I signed up and even posted a few msgs, its been so amazing to see the enthusiasm and sense of community on top of fanfare.
Kudos everyone and enjoy your new phone. Mine would be here in 4-5 hours and I have meetings to kill time but would be sitting next to window 😎
I’m glad you signed up. Welcome to the loveliest circus. Here. We. GOOOOO!

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014

iCloud backup is encrypted. I chose the link on my settings app that offered me free extra iCloud to do a backup it led me through the backup and choices to do all the data and such. It is going now but my crappy Comcast (only choice in neighborhood they passed us by for fiber too low income to bother ha!!!) gives me 200 mbs down and only 10 mbs up so the backup will take some time LOL

IMG_8961.png

lisa4labz

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2016
Mine delivery isn't showing "Out for Delivery" yet. It left Middletown, PA at 5:00am probably heading to the local UPS terminal so I know I'll be late on the delivery even though it says delivery between 2-4pm. We'll see, I'm thinking probably closer to 6pm. I'll rely on all'yall for knock me out updates on the phone!

CosmikDebris

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2023
Happy new iPhone day, I’ve enjoyed reading all your updates over the last week! Mine should arrive in the next 6 hours.
If you are picking up from store, give yourself some extra time, judging by the UK and Oz threads they are some very long queues around

Csp528

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2017
Virginia, USA
UPS hasn’t updated since a 1:27am arrival scan in Richmond so I just sit here reloading the app every five minutes hoping it’ll update to an arrival scan at my local hub

TurboCoder2022

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2022
iCloud backup is encrypted. I chose the link on my settings app that offered me free extra iCloud to do a backup it led me through the backup and choices to do all the data and such. It is going now but my crappy Comcast (only choice in neighborhood they passed us by for fiber too low income to bother ha!!!) gives me 200 mbs down and only 10 mbs up so the backup will take some time LOL

View attachment 2275006
Thanks, RJ!!! That's basically what I've done in years past but since it has been three years since I have had a new iPhone, I'm a little rusty.

Thanks again!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.