Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

sppunk

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2012
Processed at local job for delivery! Gives the option to pick up at a CC or store but doing so at this point likely delays delivery a day

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Why not just do a phone to phone transfer ?
This is why the 17.0 on new phones has bug and unless you upgrade them to the latest 17.0x version this could happen with phone to phone transfer which I used last year but if your QuickStart is from iCloud or macbook/PC backup that still works.

I am making the free iCloud backup now, and have it also encrypted backup to mac yesterday.

zekkragnos

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
So I woke up to my order still showing as processing in the app, even though I got the email last night to pick up. My pickup time is 8:15am, should I still head to the apple store? Wondering if something happened and they forgot to click something to make the app change lol I still have the email though...

Reactions: Kat1661 and dmdcash

MrP90

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2017
Florida
IMG_8854.jpeg

8am pickup and standby lines mixed . Checked in and I think at some point will separating maybe ?

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Ok almost ready but of course once it was on truck the estimate goes back to the by 7 PM default it was back to 11AM to 3 PM once it was near in Illinois and until it was loaded on truck he was late with the 14 PM around 6 PM last year. Told me he had a ton to deliver and our neighborhood is not priority unless there paid overnight packages and such. We typically do no see him in our neighborhood until after 3 PM

IMG_8209.jpeg
IMG_8210.jpeg

TurboCoder2022

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2022
Yes. You hold the 2 facing each other and this circular ring shows up and it transfers all your data over. It will walk you through once you turn the phone on.
Clearly a lot of things have changed since my last upgrade to the iPhone 12 Pro Max 3 years ago.

But sorry. We just lost a close family member who died this summer and have voicemails and important memories to transfer without issue. I want a foolproof physical copy of everything on iCloud and/or my computer.

Not this auto-whats-its BS that only prioritizes what the iPhone deems as important, not what WE want to save.

I want to click > click > click and go through every file and make sure they are saved. Not this auto crap.

lisa4labz

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2016
So I woke up to my order still showing as processing in the app, even though I got the email last night to pick up. My pickup time is 8:15am, should I still head to the apple store? Wondering if something happened and they forgot to click something to make the app change lol I still have the email though...
I would go, no hesitation.

Reactions: xxray

drkknte

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2017
Good morning! I was expecting it to be on the truck already, but I can only imagine how the late night and early morning sort went .
a244fa3a8f309a43e813655f99652e99.jpg

Nice of them to give me the four hour window, although it kills my Friday afternoon.
Happy iPhone Day

Reactions: pizzzle

dmdcash

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2017
Mine says the same thing, and I have the email for 11am pickup. If you have the email I have to believe we are good to go.

FunkyTang

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2008
Oak Brook is my favorite mall. Better Nordstrom than Michigan Avenue. I’ve bought my share of Apple gear from that Apple Store, as well. The 2.75% sales tax differential easily pays for the gas.
Oak Brook Represent!

Reactions: KPOM

MrP90

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2017
Florida
Go ! I’m fully checked in for my pickup here at the Apple Store and mine still shows as processing

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.