Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
I didn’t even pick up the phone yet?

IMG_0249.jpeg

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
For those who were part of our discussion yesterday, about version numbers of iOS and back ups, I set up the phone and it asked to do the update, and after that it installed the backup. Zero problems at all. It is now on the final version of 17.02
I haven't updated my 14 from 17.0 yet. Should I do that first before starting the transfer to the 15, or leave it as is?

Reactions: Wolfs and Jonbinary

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
If I am setting up my new phone using the quick start method do I need to unpair my watch first? It doesn’t mention it but I see people doing that. Thanks
When you unpair the watch it forces it to create a fresh backup if your settings, etc. When I've skipped that step in the past, I've been forced to restore the watch to the new phone with a very old backup.

rman0726

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
My phone wasn't anywhere near my house and the time changed from 9:15PM to 12:15PM to Before 11:59PM. Just got back home from intercepting the UPS truck and picking up my phone. :cool:. It felt a little awkward, but I apparently wasn't even the first iPhone customer of the day for him, and he said it happens all the time. lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.