Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
I’m in line right now at the Apple Store, order still doesn’t say ready for pickup

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
I’d think they would, i’d imagine today is a package thieves dream come true, I’d rather ups not deliver it instead of leaving it at my door.
Someone said they left it without a waiver. Issue is UPS is liable for theft then if Sig Req is in the Tracking Details. Same way a recipient is liable if they sign a waiver and it is stolen after being left

Reactions: redbeard331

NotApplicable

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2019
I actually looked it up online before I did it and found tons of UPS drivers saying that they don't mind it at all and they seem to actually prefer it. Saves them from having to walk up driveway, knock on the door, wait, walk around the house, etc.
Oh, you mean you intercepted them on your own property before they got to the door?

I thought you meant you literally stalked them down somewhere else in town which would be absolutely insane!

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2008
Blue titanium out for delivery! but the time window ends at 04:45PM and usually the UPS driver gets here at around 4PM.

what are the chances I could exchange my phone in-store in case I like Natural/White Titanium if I am dissatisfied with the Blue? It’s hard to tell via youtube videos. @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️

lol….you seriously think there’s going to be stock for you to do an exchange….on launch day. Not happening

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
If so, you should see it on your list of tracking numbers in the app and it'll show Follow My Delivery right on the tracking page.
Note: It will only show truck tracking once it is within about a 5 Mile radius or at least that's how it works here. It claims the map will auto-update but it is slow and the truck can appear to be stopped in one location. Just go back one step to your order page and "use" the refresh button on the top navigation bar and the Click Follow My Deliver button again.

You don't have to do it repetitive like a video game just once ever 4-5 minutes works fine for me.

Dave

NotApplicable

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2019
lol….you seriously think there’s going to be stock for you to do an exchange….on launch day. Not happening
Not unless you order it for pickup now

Tons of stores had stock ready to order for in-store pickup this morning when I checked, as expected. But no pickup appointments until tomorrow.

Here in Seattle there was even Natty Ti pro maxes in multiple sizes in multiple stores

Reactions: Wolfs

AF_APPLETALK

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2020
It has arrived! So excited. Going from a 13 mini. The mini already feels way too small haha
DAMN these phones look hot! I also have a nat titanium coming today, but I'm seeing all these blue titanium photos on here and they look amazing too.

Giving me SERIOUS doubts about color selection, even now! And then I see more natural titanium and love it even more. Ughhhhh.

Reactions: Wolfs and Jonbinary

rman0726

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
Blue titanium out for delivery! but the time window ends at 04:45PM and usually the UPS driver gets here at around 4PM.

what are the chances I could exchange my phone in-store in case I like Natural/White Titanium if I am dissatisfied with the Blue? It’s hard to tell via youtube videos. @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️
You have 14 days to return. I would just stick it out. And if you really decide that you need the other color, Apple Stores will be getting stock in daily. Just find out when they update their stock, so that you can be ready at that time in the future, and reserve another one on another day in the next two weeks.

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
Hmm. My UPS can be a bit flaky. My delivery window is between 1:00pm and 5:00pm. It’s currently 10:45am here. A smaller window would have been nice.
Default window is 4 hours with the paid option is 2 hours. If you pay for 2 Hour window and they miss then you don't have to pay for that delivery.

Dave

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009
Just got back home from intercepting the UPS truck

This is what I am picturing it looked like

drkknte

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2017
When you get a Ring notification that there's motion at your front door so you get excited it's UPS, but then see it's FedEx and realize it's just your return box so you get sad, but then open it up and it's actually your new Nintendo 64 controller for your switch and you're back to excited!

Now, if they would just bring back DD Kong Racing for the Switch N64 emulator, I would be happy.

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
Question for everyone… when was the last time you had to “sign” for something from UPS? Most of the time they just hand me the item and then bounce (not sure if it’s a San Diego, CA thing). It just seems like since the pandemic I haven’t had to sign anything; just be available to receive the package 🤔
I've had to sign for a number of things recently with both UPS and FedEx. Can't remember what they were though.

Reactions: kiddsupreme
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.