Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

dstew201

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2016
Prepping area for installation of screen protector and case! No fingerprints or dust shall touch this phone šŸ¤£

Attachments

• IMG_0902.jpeg
    IMG_0902.jpeg
    423.2 KB · Views: 72

LLL1424

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2005
Washington, D.C.
I totally get wanting to chase down a UPS driver. I mean I only showed up to the UPS hub at 8am where all the UPS staff was clocking in for work and looked at me funny. The UPS rep at the counter said :ā€Iā€™m not going to go into that huge truck for you and find that small box and Apple has restrictions this yearā€. I gave him my sad puppy look and he caved in and I got my phone 15 min later. He was my Santa this year lol

mizzourah

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Now that my phone has arrived and I put it in the case, here's what I think so far. As has always been the case with Nomad, this case has a degree of ruggedness to it that will certainly provide more drop protection than my beloved Apple leather cases that rode off into the sunset this year. Although it is more rugged than the Apple leather case (ruggedness usually means additional thickness), the amount of heft that it adds to the phone is extremely negligible, if even noticeable. This is my first time using the Pro Max, which I was hesitant to opt for previously due to its size, so you can imagine my apprehension with putting a bulky case on it. With this case, it's a non-issue.

I am not having any difficulty at all swiping from the sides of the screen; in fact, I am pleasantly surprised by the low profile of the lip that surrounds the front of the screen. You can tell that a lot of thought went into this case's design, as it checks all the boxes. The buttons are made of anodized aluminum and are super clicky and the case itself feels really good in hand (cue "that's what she said" jokes). Truthfully, it's everything I've been looking for in a case.

I didn't opt for the more expensive Horween leather variant ($70), choosing the regular leather ($50) instead. By the way, it actually smells like a quality leather product! I didn't really see the need to spend an additional $20 on something that I wouldn't notice in daily use. Below are a couple of pics I snapped of the phone in the case (natural titanium with Nomad's Whiskey colorway make a sexy, elegant combination), as well as a closeup of the lip around the screen.

In conclusion, I really like this case. If you're considering it, buy with confidence. You'll be in for a treat.
View attachment 2275946 View attachment 2275947
Thanks for the very detailed and comprehensive review and reasons for your choice. I really appreciate it a great deal. Enjoy - your phone and the case you put it in is beautiful.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
UPS: "Uncontrollable events have delayed delivery. We are adjusting delivery plans as quickly as possible. Please check back on the next business day for updates."

Now rescheduled for delivery on Monday. First time I have missed a launch date (on years I ordered a new phone)!
I missed a launch pickup once because it was delayed. And didn't even send the email until like 3AM launch day :mad:

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009
UPS: "Uncontrollable events have delayed delivery. We are adjusting delivery plans as quickly as possible. Please check back on the next business day for updates."

Now rescheduled for delivery on Monday. First time I have missed a launch date (on years I ordered a new phone)!
That usually means something happened to either the plane or the truck it was on. If it was the truck, it may have either broken down or got into an accident.

• Wow
Reactions: Wolfs

xfusejc

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2006
Note: It will only show truck tracking once it is within about a 5 Mile radius or at least that's how it works here. It claims the map will auto-update but it is slow and the truck can appear to be stopped in one location. Just go back one step to your order page and "use" the refresh button on the top navigation bar and the Click Follow My Deliver button again.

You don't have to do it repetitive like a video game just once ever 4-5 minutes works fine for me.

Dave
Was coming in to ask about that, so thank you for answering my question. I know from previous orders with Amazon, the map only shows up when they are at a certain distance from you/headed in your general area. The fact mine doesnā€™t show anything yet tells me itā€™ll be a long day šŸ˜†

• Sad
Reactions: Wolfs

zfletch74

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2020
Blue titanium out for delivery! but the time window ends at 04:45PM and usually the UPS driver gets here at around 4PM.

what are the chances I could exchange my phone in-store in case I like Natural/White Titanium if I am dissatisfied with the Blue? Itā€™s hard to tell via youtube videos. @TheYayAreaLiving šŸŽ—ļø
Keep checking store inventory first thing in the morning. Stock tends to pop up periodically. And you have 14 days, so you should be able to find a phone somewhere within that time.

NeoSe7en

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2017
Note: It will only show truck tracking once it is within about a 5 Mile radius or at least that's how it works here. It claims the map will auto-update but it is slow and the truck can appear to be stopped in one location. Just go back one step to your order page and "use" the refresh button on the top navigation bar and the Click Follow My Deliver button again.

You don't have to do it repetitive like a video game just once ever 4-5 minutes works fine for me.

Dave
I think their system is just not updating right now, at least by me. Even with using the browser refresh my truck has been showing in the same spot for well over an hour now.

NeoSe7en

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2017

Sounds like a truck broke down.

Kierkegaarden

Cancelled
Dec 13, 2018

Barring any unforeseen delay, mine isnā€™t arriving until November 6th at the earliest ā€” this should make you feel better šŸ˜‰

• Sad
Reactions: 5105973 and Wolfs

Surf Monkey

Suspended
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
Default window is 4 hours with the paid option is 2 hours. If you pay for 2 Hour window and they miss then you don't have to pay for that delivery.

Dave

Ahhh. That makes sense.

And on that note, they just texted me and told me to expect it ā€œbefore 7:00pmā€ so they must have gotten wind that I dissed them and added a couple more hours ;)

• Haha
Reactions: xfusejc and Wolfs
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.